Isn’t connecting

Discuss on the SimConnect SDK can be used by programmers to write add-on components for Prepar3D
captainwhale

Isn’t connecting

Post by captainwhale »

Hi,
I wanted to get real weather in P3D v4 so I installed FSRealWX. However it isn’t connecting to my Simulator. It always says „not connected“ in the right bottom. I don’t know what the problem is, my error log isn’t saying anything. For installation of Simconnect I went into every of the folders at /resist/interface and opened all of the Installers. They didn’t do much, they only opened, showed a progress bar for about 2 seconds and then they closed again. I thought that was normal so I just continued. But it isn’t working.
I actually wanted to use FSXWX first, but it doesn’t work either because it requires FSUIPC and when I run my Simulator with FSUIPC installed, it just crashes to Desktop about 5 seconds after the scenery was loaded.
I hope that one of these Problems can be fixed so I can use Real-time weather in P3D
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Isn’t connecting

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Have you contacted the FSRealWX developers? There may be compatibility issues or additional configuration/setup needed.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead