Set Weather raduis is sooooo small

Discuss on the SimConnect SDK can be used by programmers to write add-on components for Prepar3D
redouane_bpw

Set Weather raduis is sooooo small

Post by redouane_bpw »

hello i'm making a weather engine
when i set a metar
if i select set mode global : i got many changes like wind speed , QNH, cloud state , .... almost everything
if i select set mode custom : i got what i need :D : but nooo cus the raduis is so small
if we are approaching an airport we need to get so close to get the vars we want
and sometimes like me with KSFO : i was approaching normally with engine Enabled and i get a clear great sky with some clouds, and when i get about 20 sec from the touch, boom weather changed totaly, winds,rain QNH everything even visibility
so i checked mybe it was a weather update but no
i put the slew mode and kept going to and away from the airport and found that set weather on observation has a small raduis :'(

any help plz
simconnect with C#

thnx in advance
Pete Dowson

Re: Set Weather raduis is sooooo small

Post by Pete Dowson »

redouane_bpw wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:43 am i put the slew mode and kept going to and away from the airport and found that set weather on observation has a small raduis :'(

I don't think it is, but each Weather Station will have its own weather set. Your setting should actually gradually blend into the weather station's weather as you move between, but this doesn't always happen well, especially in areas with lots of close weather stations.

Bear in mind that weather is only recorded and controlled from weather stations (those listed in WXstationlist.bin). This is why programs like ActiveSky which set weather from trans-oceanic flights have to do so by making temporary weather stations in the the ocean -- there are SimConnect facilities for this (aee SimConnect_WeatherCreateStation)..

The airport you were approaching would have a weather station co-located. Not all the airports do, but most, and certainly all the larger ones. You will need to set your weather there too.

Pete
My System

Win10: 22H2 build 19045.2728
Processor: I9 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Mobo: Maximus XI Extreme Z390
Memory: 32Gb at 3900 MHz.
GPU: RTX 24Gb Titan
Displays: 2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen
P3D5 set with 2 windows using ViewGroups