Where is Simconnect.dll supposed to reside

Discuss on the SimConnect SDK can be used by programmers to write add-on components for Prepar3D
Pearskin

Where is Simconnect.dll supposed to reside

Post by Pearskin »

I am trying to run Plan-G of a network. Plan-g will not connect. The error log is telling me that Plan-g can't load simconnect.dll. Is this file supposed to be on the server somewhere?
Help please
BLB

Re: Where is Simconnect.dll supposed to reside

Post by BLB »

the simconnect.dll is in auxiliary software like Joinfs or little navmap etc... on my computer it's like that
Core I7 3770, GTX 970 : http://fran-avia-virt.clicforum.fr
Pearskin

Post by Pearskin »

hello .... sorry but your reply didn't help me much since I could not locate "auxiliary software" either. Please can you de more specific.
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

Have you run the SimConnect installers?
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
Pearskin

Post by Pearskin »

yes .. all four of them on the server and on the client But I tell you trying to trouble shoot simconnect is like looking for a needle in a haystack .... a very very big haystack. I have followed the instructions for simconnect to the nth degree of accuracy for the last seven months and I'll be dammed if I can get it to work. my file sharing works fine I gan read/write files between the server and the client. I have almost given up on simconnect and if I wasn't so tenacious I would have. But its not in my nature to give up. Trying to find real hands on support is almost impossible and the web is full of people who can't get it to work. I have read the P3Dv4 users guide from AVSIM and the PLAN-G users manual until I could practically rewrite it. But there are lots of unanswered questions and contradictions One problem for example is that the somconnect.ini file isn't even mentioned in the PLAN-G manual. And the P3Dv4 Users Guide from AVSIM say that the simonnect.cfg should be placed in the users documents location whereas Plan-G says it should be placed in the Plan-G directory. Anyway ... I can't get simconnect to work which is a shame because it is a good idea for distributed processing. I have been involved with computers as a professional for fifty plus years and have not encountered a more difficult application to trouble shoot. I suspect that the different updates to windows 10 and the removal of WORKGROUP is most likely the cause of the problem.
BLB

Post by BLB »

Use Little navmap, it's better than Plan-g and less heavy, in Plan-G it is necessary to inform the ip of the computer pc where fsx or p3d is running if installed on a other computer than fsx or p3d , did you do this ?
Core I7 3770, GTX 970 : http://fran-avia-virt.clicforum.fr