Setting Simulation Time (again)

Discuss on the SimConnect SDK can be used by programmers to write add-on components for Prepar3D
petesk8

Post by petesk8 »

Hi All,

Using P3d as an Image generator I have been trying to set time of day to have a night and day scenario.

Using the following based on others before me

SimConnect_MapClientEventToSimEvent(hSimConnect, EVENT_CLOCK_HOUR, "ZULU_HOURS_SET");

SimConnect_AddClientEventToNotificationGroup(hSimConnect,GROUP_1, EVENT_CLOCK_HOUR, FALSE);

SimConnect_SetNotificationGroupPriority(hSimConnect, GROUP_1, SIMCONNECT_GROUP_PRIORITY_STANDARD-1);

and

SimConnect_TransmitClientEvent(hSimConnect, 0, EVENT_CLOCK_HOUR ,hour_variable ,GROUP_1, SIMCONNECT_EVENT_FLAG_DEFAULT);

This didn't work and I tried all sorts of variations and still nothing.

It then occurred to be that as I was calling this from an external Sim dll module, loaded when a specific vehicle was loaded, it might not work .

Trying the above as a p3d client loaded via exe.xml or manually it worked fine.

However I would like to keep the number of intefaces to P3d down so I am wondering if there is anything I was doing wrong in the external Sim module that stopped me setting time ?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Cheers ,Pete

minime

Post by minime »

Did you try a higher group priority?

MapClientEventToSimEvent(Events.SET_SIM_TIME_HOURS, "ZULU_HOURS_SET");

TransmitClientEvent(SIMCONNECT_OBJECT_ID_USER, Events.SET_SIM_TIME_HOURS, (uint)SimTime.Hour, SimConnectGroupPriorities.SIMCONNECT_GROUP_PRIORITY_HIGHEST, SIMCONNECT_EVENT_FLAG.GROUPID_IS_PRIORITY);

petesk8

Post by petesk8 »

Hi minime,

Yes, I tried that but had no success.
petesk8

Post by petesk8 »

Hi minime,

Yes, I tried that but had no success.
minime

Post by minime »

Try setting breakpoints and make sure the code gets called. Then enable SimConnect logging and subscribe to the Exceptions. See what is being logged.

I have code like that in a C# DLL, a C # App and a C++ DLL, and SimConnect should not really care where the async network messages come from...