Unable to Install SimConnect, Installer Opens then Immediately Closes

Discuss on the SimConnect SDK can be used by programmers to write add-on components for Prepar3D
lcorte

Unable to Install SimConnect, Installer Opens then Immediately Closes

Post by lcorte »

Hey everyone,

as the title accurately describes that is my problem. Running P3D 4.2, running as Administrator, UAC off, I don't have anti virus software. The installer runs, then just quits. It shows up under Uninstall in the control panel. I've uninstalled, restarted, then reinstalled with no luck. I tried making a new user account and same thing. I've downloaded the legacy version and no luck either.

I'm unable to register my PMDG 737 because of this issue, and I was wondering if anybody else has a resolution?

Thank you very much!
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Unable to Install SimConnect, Installer Opens then Immediately Closes

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Are you seeing this issue with all legacy SimConnect installers located in the redist directory?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
lcorte

Post by lcorte »

Hi Rob!

This happens with ALL versions in the redist folder to include the legacy version that I downloaded. I don’t have this issue with any other installer unfortunately.

Thanks!
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Are you experiencing any issues with other add-ons that use SimConnect?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
lcorte

Post by lcorte »

To be completely honest with you Rob, I'm not sure what other addons exactly use sim connect. I do have an issue where I run active sky, and I get the following error in this image: https://imgur.com/a/Q6KaiXw

I install it manually into the root p3d folder, but it pops up every time after opening. It's mainly PMDG aircraft that I am unable to use.