Blacklisted DLLs

resemadeni

Blacklisted DLLs

Postby resemadeni » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:48 am

Hi there

We have a working module which is loaded through the dll.xml file and works pretty well. But since we upgraded the plugin to 64 bit, we observe that there are some few installations where the plugin stops working. I activated the SimConnect terminal and can see that the plugin should be loaded but it gets stuck there.

BUT, when I rename the DLL and the loading call in the dll.xml file, it works as expected. I even don't have to change anything in the code nor recompiling it.

I then started with a dummy plugin, which just gets loaded on logs something. This worked and so I started to examine a bit further. And from these tests I found that a single system call, such as CreateEvent, LoadLibrary, or like wise, never returns. And leaves the P3D application in a busy loop.

It seems like that the specific name is on a black list or something else. Does SimConnect has something like this, or does P3D label the plugins it has loaded once? I checked the credentials of the dll and reinstalled the P3D completely, but neither helped.

Any ideas? I really don't want to just create a new name for the plugin. There must be a reason behind, why this specific name is on a kind of blacklist...

Hope for some help,
best regards,
Renato

FSTramp

Re: Blacklisted DLLs

Postby FSTramp » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Maybe you will find an answer from the developers of X-Plane. Here is an article that perhaps describes this problem and a solution. It starts with the headline "My Plugin Won't Reload". What do you think about?

https://developer.x-plane.com/2017/09/t ... g-plugins/

resemadeni

Re: Blacklisted DLLs

Postby resemadeni » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:11 am

Hi

This is exactly what happened to our plugin! Thanks a lot for the hint! Now, we have to find out why we got on this compatibility list of windows, so that this won't happen again.

Thanks again

Return to “SimConnect Interface Questions”