[RESOLVED] Sim Connect Error

Discuss on the SimConnect SDK can be used by programmers to write add-on components for Prepar3D
GregB145

[RESOLVED] Sim Connect Error

Post by GregB145 »

Hi all,

I've got an issue on loading up P3DV4.1 in Win10 in that a Simconnect error is indicated:

Can't Init SimConnect - error code 0x80004005

I have just re-installed v4.1 after a HDD failure. All was good on Win 7 before the HDD fail. Tried to install GSX and some more FSDT software and that is no longer working or showing in the add ons menu bar.

Anyone had this or can think of a workaround?

Many thanks.

Greg
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Sim Connect Error

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Greg,

You may need to install the SimConnect versions required by your add-ons. These are located in the redist folder in your install directory.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
GregB145

Post by GregB145 »

Thanks Rob,
However its unfortunately not solving the issue. I have tried the redist folder and simconnect does not work, tried installing FSX Steam and the original box version (updating with service packs and SDK service packs) and still no joy. I think there is a Windows 10 issue with simconnect?
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Greg , you are saying that there are no entries for your add ons in the add ons menu bar. That is an indication of either a dll.xml or an exe.xml not working correctly, have a look and correct the files.

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
GregB145

Post by GregB145 »

Thanks Jorge,
There are entries for addons in the user bar, just not those relying on simconnect by the looks of things. GSX for one.
However I am unsure on how to correct the dll.xml or an exe.xml. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

If I use the SODE and check the simconnect version it tells me that 10.0.61259.0 (SP2/X_PACK) is not installed. Its also screwy in that the SODE does notregister for FSX-SE and says that the FSX.CFG main and common is not found.

At a loss with it all, it was great with Win7, now with 10 its all gone horribly wrong!
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Greg , the first thing to do then is to reinstall simconnect of that version, ithere is one in

\Prepar3d V4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi (this is ver 10.0.61259.0 (SP2/X_PACK) )

double click on the file and then restart your PC, try running P3D if no good reinstall the add-on and see.

If now the add-on does not show in the menu , will have a look at the exe and dll xml's..

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
GregB145

Post by GregB145 »

Hi Jorge,
I have uninstalled simconnect and the addons, rebooted and carried out a registry sweep to remove dormant entries. Rebooted again and installed simconnect as above. Rebooted, then installed SODE and then GSX. Rebooted after each then started P3D as an admin. On P3D startup I see the following warning boxes:

The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0150004

This was for both SODE and GSX.
I can see the Virtuali addon manager interface in the menu bar, but when trying to register it does nothing.

Thanks

Greg
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

0xc0150004 error , indicates thhat a .dll is missing or incorrct, , can you run P3D correctly without any of this add-ons?? if so I would start by trying the add-on developer and also installing one at a time , the problem does not seem to be P3D related..

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
GregB145

Post by GregB145 »

Hi Jorge,
Yes, uninstalling them removes the warning boxes. At a loss really as to what is going on?
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Greg your best optiion is to place a call on the developers forum and ask the questions there as his is not a P3D problem, maybe the add-ons are not V4 compatible? (32 bits as opposed to 64?)

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
GregB145

Post by GregB145 »

Thanks Jorge,
I gave up the chasing my own tail and uninstalled my OS, wiped the drives with a drive cleaner and then re-installed everything. It all works now! Something, somewhere was not happy.

Many thanks for the help Gents, it was much appreciated!