Will the Reality XP GPS product(s) work in P3D?

For topics related to the creation of simulation objects (SimObjects). This includes development of aircraft, ground, and maritime vehicles.
Legacy Support

Post by Legacy Support »

Quote:
Quote from Coban on March 27, 2012, 17:38

I am having exactly same issues with Reality XP. Come on guys, bring a solution for RXP. Can't fly turbine duke without it :(((

Best to contact RealityXP about the issue. We cannot troubleshoot addons or applications developed by third-parties.
JakeEyre

Post by JakeEyre »

Can I direct people to this post: http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic41 ... tml#244507

where Bert Pieke is talking about a new GNS..I have asked the question...

best

jake
tonywob

Post by tonywob »

*Bump*

Has anyone managed to get this working in p3d 1.3, or can offer a similar alternative? This is the only thing which is stopping me switching over fully from FSX? It looks like the RXP is pretty much dead and nothing new has been released for a while.

* EDIT (Never mind, saw the above post and looks like the project is still alive :-) )
zogjones64

Post by zogjones64 »

It has been several months since I have logged into the Prepar3d site since I am no longer working on this project with my customer. It has also been a while since I have done any work with Prepar3d and RXP so my memory may be slipping a bit. From my past experience I have worked with both the Prepar3d and RXP teams and have had the RXP GNS 430s working just fine. I had even added a PFC 430W control head which worked great.

Now, if my memory serves me correctly the regular version (the $50 one) of the GNS430 WILL NOT work in Prepar3d. This version is designed specifically for FSX. If you want the use the the RXP GNS in Prepar3d you will have to buy the commercial version designed specifically for Prepar3d. Unless something has changed this is what I recall. And oh yeah, the commercial version of RXP runs about $1000.
JakeEyre

Post by JakeEyre »

Quote:
Quote from zogjones64 on May 14, 2012, 00:23

If you want the use the the RXP GNS in Prepar3d you will have to buy the commercial version designed specifically for Prepar3d.

I cannot find this product on their web page (but then I didn't search for very long) can you point me to it, please?

i now have the latest (1.6.0.0) version of the 530W and it still doesn't work in P3d.

best

jake
torkermax

Post by torkermax »

Quote:
Quote from JakeEyre on May 14, 2012, 06:54

Quote:
Quote from zogjones64 on May 14, 2012, 00:23

If you want the use the the RXP GNS in Prepar3d you will have to buy the commercial version designed specifically for Prepar3d.

I cannot find this product on their web page (but then I didn't search for very long) can you point me to it, please?

i now have the latest (1.6.0.0) version of the 530W and it still doesn't work in P3d.

best

jake

You will have to personally contact them as the $1000.00 commercial version for ESP is not listed on their products page.
SimSamurai

Post by SimSamurai »

I'd like to throw another dart at this myself. Has anyone now reported to have either the RXP GNS430 and or GNS 530 working in P3D v1.4 and this is specifically with..or without special ESP licensing??? $1,000 is really a rediculous cost IMO. Its just downright laughable even at a commercial level. Who would pay that for even an FAA certified sim? Surely there are other options and at that price they would be lucky to sell 100 licenses a year. Price it at $100 or less and it would probably sell 20,000 units or more each year. The greed of some people just amazes me. (or they already have so much money that they dont care about affordability) I do hope you might read this Jean-Luc! I'd really love to be able to use ALL of the great RXP gauges...The flightline series, the weather radar, the Sandel 3308 and 3400. They are all really great and since they are of such "professional quality" why not make them available to a "professional" simulator? Surely it has only got to be a small matter of some simple code editing to get them to work. Why not just offer them for the same prices or maybe just at a slightly higher (but still affordable) price for Prepar3D.

This is in fact why I have NOT even started using Prepar3D yet. If I can't ever use any high quality real world avionics reproductions...then why even bother. I already have all of them for FS2004. It may not look as good but as a real pilot I am much more concerned about the cockpit environment than the exterior visuals. Not having these payware gauges for Prepar3D is a HUGE, HUGE, H-U-G-E dissappointment.
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

SimSamurai,

You are not RealityXP's target with the $1000 commercial license. The commercial license is for companies that develop addons/training simulators and want to incorporate RXP units within their products.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
SimSamurai

Post by SimSamurai »

WarpD,

Actually you are quite wrong. Nothing bothers me more than incorrect assumptions. I do in fact develop addons/training simulators and want to incorporate RXP units within my products. I've emailed them twice however with no luck. I am in the process of building an FAA sim and would like to use Prepar3D. If I cannot use the RXP 430/530 within it then I will look at certification with X-Plane or possibly FS2004.
BorisTheSpider

Post by BorisTheSpider »

RXP have been a disappointment to me as well - they don't even respond to posts about this. It's not just the Garmins either - I've really never managed to find anything like flightline T/N in terms of configurability and attention to detail. I guess it's their product and they can do whatever they like with it, but it seems to me that they are pricing themselves out of the market with student pilots, private pilots, trainee commercial guys and even a lot of schools.
N4GIX

Post by N4GIX »

There is no "they" to RXP, only Jean-Luc...

...and as you've seen by now, not really responsive at all. :(
Bill Leaming
Modeler and Programmer
Military Visualizations
SimSamurai

Post by SimSamurai »

If I could find out where he lives I would certainly consider taking a trip with some roses, a box of chocolates, and a petition with several thousand signatures begging him to fix this. This has to be a simple .DLL file modification or something small and easy. Since FSX and Prepar3D are so closely related you just have to assume this could be a very simple fix for all RXP gauges which currently work in FSX. The guy must just not care anymore or doesnt need the money. Does anyone know where he lives or how old he is? Maybe he has health issues..who knows! I wish at minimum they would release a statement or something so that we can all put this to rest.
SimSamurai

Post by SimSamurai »

To put a final end to the past two years of head scratching over the "gone fishing" Reality XP and their GNS 430/530. I am happy to report that Mindstar Aviation, makers of a top notch Garmin G1000 payware have stated as of late July 2013 that they will be making a new Garmin 430/530 package for FSX and Prepar3D (and hopefully FS9 too). Their G1000 pack is already ported over to P3D so these are definitely the right folks for the job! Secondly, it was reported that the whole package will be affordable at $50 and you will be able to regularly update the Airac nav data set. I'm sure I speak for simmers and pilots alike when I say these three big words; AWESOME...THANK YOU...and FINALLY.

Hopefully they will also see the need for even more Garmin products such as the newer G500/G600/G700 series of avionics.

SOURCES:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/to ... -aviation/

http://www.mindstaraviation.com/

https://www.facebook.com/MindstarAviationHome

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/in-the- ... cs-p0.html