SimpleCar is not working.

For topics related to the creation of simulation objects (SimObjects). This includes development of aircraft, ground, and maritime vehicles.
kimpaul

SimpleCar is not working.

Post by kimpaul »

Hello,

I want to drive with ground vehicle.

I tried to find a car in "Select Vehicle" menu, but there is only 85 aircraft exist. (including two submarines)

And I found that the simplecar example can load new car object to prepar3d.

I did step by step with document.

1. build SimpleCar.sln project file.

2. copy entire SimpleCar forlder to Add-ons. (contents has add-on.xml, SimpleCar.dll, SimObjects folder, etc)

At this time I started Prepar3D and enable the SimpleCar object, but still there is only 85 aircraft exist.

So I made a Prepar3d.cfg in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 path, and I typed a code like this.

[MAIN]
UserObjects=GroundVehicle

I restarted Prepar3d and still there is only 85 aircraft exist.

Please advise to me.

Thank you!
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: SimpleCar is not working.

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Remove this line that you added: UserObjects=GroundVehicle. There is an existing entry in the [MAIN] section of the config named "User Objects" (with a space). There should already be several vehicle types listed here, simply add GroundVehicle to this list.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
kimpaul

Post by kimpaul »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:42 pm Remove this line that you added: UserObjects=GroundVehicle. There is an existing entry in the [MAIN] section of the config named "User Objects" (with a space). There should already be several vehicle types listed here, simply add GroundVehicle to this list.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
You mean the Preapr3d.cfg is already exist?

Don't need make a new file?

I want see a list what you say.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Correct, this entry exists in your Prepar3D.cfg. You only need to modify it by adding the ground vehicle entry.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead