Teleport User aircraft to new location mid-flight

Discussion related to Mission design and creation.
r.ricardo

Teleport User aircraft to new location mid-flight

Post by r.ricardo »

Hey all,
I am trying to develop a scenario that teleport's a users aircraft from one location to another one when a trigger is fired. I understand that I can load another scenario, but I would rather avoid that in this situation.

If it is not possible to do this, id there a function in which I can:
1. Save a log from the first flight and second flight into the same file
2. Save the exact configuration of the users aircraft before the scenario changed (i.e the aircraft's configuration, heading, speed, etc)

Thanks
r.ricardo

Re: Teleport User aircraft to new location mid-flight

Post by r.ricardo »

A user enters the scenario and takes off, after a few minutes of flying to their destination they encounter a proximity trigger that automatically moves them to a location closer to the destination airport.

I do know that it is possible to load another scenario at our desired location, however we would like to keep them in the same scenario if possible.
The possible solutions I have derived are:

to speed the simulation rate up at the proximity trigger, use autopilot to fly them to the location, and then finally set the sim rate to normal and disengage autopilot. However, I have yet to figure out a way to both:

1. Automatically set the sim rate from a trigger in simdirector
2. Use the virtual instructor feature to automatically set the autopilot at the trigger.
Or
2. To detach the avatar from the main aircraft to another aircraft at our desired location. In this case I have not been
able to detach the avatar without having the user aircraft on the ground first.

If these methods of mine is entirely incorrect would you be able to suggest another method? Or is our only solution to load another scenario at the trigger.
Brittany Henthorn

Post by Brittany Henthorn »

Good morning --

There is an action called "ChangeObjectPlacementAction", that allows you to set a new position on an object. Just reference this action on your trigger. Place a point of interest (or a small innocuous object) at the airport you want to teleport to. Set your ownship as the "DestinationReference", and the point of interest as the "SourceReference".

Let me know if this works for you, or if you have any other questions!
r.ricardo

Post by r.ricardo »

Hi!
Thank you for the quick response. In my case that is both a solution and a problem as one of our computers has prepar3d v3.2 installed on it and there is a possibility that due to certain circumstances we cannot update it. Since "ChangeObjectPlacementAction" is not available in any versions prior to v3.4, do you have any recommendations on how to approach the scenario?

Thanks
Brittany Henthorn

Post by Brittany Henthorn »

I'm not sure what your exact setup is, but another option would be to use SimOperator.

The operator has the ability to move player objects in the middle of a structured scenario. That way, when the user hits a certain point, the operator can teleport them to where they needed to be.

The downside to this is that it's not pre-programmed, so it would have to be done in real time with the user.

I have to investigate the methods you proposed a little further to see if they are possible.