[RESOLVED] Aircraft stuck at full throttle upon loading scenario

Discussion related to Mission design and creation.
flipfloppity

[RESOLVED] Aircraft stuck at full throttle upon loading scenario

Post by flipfloppity »

Hello all,

I created a scenario using SimDirector with another airplane flying a previously recorded flight path, thus allowing practice of formation flight. The pre-recorded AI behavior works perfectly. The problem is that the user-controlled aircraft is stuck at full throttle from the beginning of the scenario and cannot be changed. The control settings appear to be working properly (I can see the throttle moving properly in the cockpit and all other flight controls work fine). I should also mention that I am using a 3rd-party add-on aircraft (the IRIS Simulations T-6B Texan II), and that the problem does not occur when I use one of the default P3D aircraft. The throttle control works fine when I fly the aircraft normally (outside of a SimDirector-created scenario), which is rather puzzling. Does anyone have any idea what in the world could be wrong? I have very little experience with SimDirector, but if anyone could point me in the right direction (perhaps I need to modify some parameter in the aircraft configuration file), it would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Re: Aircraft stuck at full throttle upon loading scenario

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hello,

Is the user object the same aircraft as the recorded object? Do you see the same issue if either the recorded or the user aircraft are different yet still using the 3rd-party add-on aircraft for either object?

Also, if the throttle animation is working correctly, what indication leads you to believe it is still set to full?

Thanks.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
flipfloppity

Post by flipfloppity »

Well, I managed to get it to work, but I'm not exactly sure how. The recorded object is its own object, but of the same aircraft type as the UserOwnship. The physical throttle itself was moving properly, but my torque gauge was showing full power, and it was evident that this power was being applied because I couldn't stop the aircraft from moving forward, even with max braking.

I ended up opening a previously saved scenario in SimDirector that had the desired UserOwnship aircraft type on the runway and adding in the recorded aircraft object to that scenario. For some reason that did the trick, although I don't any difference between the two scenarios (my original one which was made from scratch and the second one which was built on top of a basic saved scenario). The visualization panel looks the same for both of them. Curious, but as long as it's working now, I'm happy!
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Post by Clifton Crane »

Glad to hear you have it working!
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.