Airport Modification: Where to Start?

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
dkatwood

Postby dkatwood » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:15 am

Hi, folks. I'm using Prepar3d 2.4 and I would like to modify Plattsburgh International Airport (KPBG) to reflect new construction (want to add t-hangars and additional buildings). I have seen Airport Design Editor from Scruffy Duck. I have also seen Airport Studio, AFX, and Instant Scenery III from Flight1. What tool(s) would you folks recommend for a novice? Thanks. -- Dana

Saul

Postby Saul » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:10 am

Hi Dana,

I would recommend 3 programs 1st is Airport Design Editor Which will do all that you need to for your Airport.
2nd would be Scenery 3 which can help arrange your autogen and library objects outside the airport area.
3rd would be SbuilderX 313 or 314.

Probably if you just want to edit that 1 airport then ADE should be sufficient.
The unregistered version, unless you needed to reposition the airport then a registered version would be required.

There are also lots of good information and reading at FS Developers for newbs to pick up expert help and tips.
http://fsdeveloper.com/forum/

dkatwood

Postby dkatwood » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:49 am

Thanks, Saul. I appreciate your pointing me in the right direction. I'll let you guys know how it all works out. BTW, I have to say that P3D V2 has breathed new life into flight simulation. Very, very exciting times again. Regards -- Dana

p.s. I'll also head over to fsdeveloper.com

Return to “Scenery Development Questions”