Gamepack for 3DSMax

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
reco

Postby reco » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:50 am

Will there be gamepacks available for newer versions of 3DSMax.

Reco

reco

Postby reco » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:39 am

I'm using 3DS Max 2010. Previous versions are not available. Are you going to support it in a future release?

Reco

Warchild

Postby Warchild » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:10 am

Might I recommend supporting older versions of Max?? Most addon developers cant afford 5000 dollars for an updated version and many of them still rely on what they have from long ago such as Max 8 or even Max 7...

reco

Postby reco » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:32 am

If you have an older version of Max, you are supported through Microsoft FSX Exspansion pack.The problem is that people with newer version can only use their Max version to model. When the model is completed they have to export it to Gmax in order to assign materials, guid, and export it as an mdl file.

Autodesk will not sell older versions, and it is exstreemly difficult to by a used one because of Autodesk's licence policy.

On the other hand, I would prefer support for none Autodesk products, then we will not have to deal with the kind of troublet Autodesk generate.

Reco

Warchild

Postby Warchild » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:31 pm

Quote:

Quote from reco on October 27, 2010, 04:32

On the other hand, I would prefer support for none Autodesk products, then we will not have to deal with the kind of troublet Autodesk generate.

Reco

I personally couldnt agree with you more.. Now that Max and Maya have both been absorbed into Autodesk corporate, and the pricing of them has grown beyond the normal humans ability to purchase them, I no longer see them as viable platforms, especially in light of the fact that there are many extremely good modeling packages such as Soft Image, Rhino 3D, LightWave, and 3D Canvas.

Return to “Scenery Development Questions”