KOSH ILS 36 Glideslope not Aligned!!!!

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
jkrueger188

Postby jkrueger188 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:27 am

I was shooting some precision approaches on ILS rwy 36 of my home airport KOSH the other day, and once the autopilot captured the glideslope and got aligned it was off approximately 50ft left of the centerline the entire way... as soon as your POBER inbound it literally aligns itself to land off the runway and doesnt fix itself. I've been searching around a little now for an answer on how to fix this but have come up with nothing. From what i remember I had this same problem in FSX so idk if theres a fix for this for fsx out there somewhere and if that could even transfer to p3dv2.3.... At this point just looking for some guidance here as this is actually quite an important airport with EAA and the airshow here and all... If needed i can make a video tomorrow of what exactly it does on approach but I'm off to bed for now.

Saul

Postby Saul » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:34 am

Hi,

Are you 100% sure that the ILS signal for RW36 is not an offset ILS in real life? Many runways have offset ILS.

Advanced Airport Editor will be able to edit the ILS. I'm uncertain if you need the registered version or not.

Snave

Postby Snave » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:46 am

It is not an offset ILS in real life.

It IS a real life error that has been reported to the FAA - it's been wrong since 1965 so dont' expect quick action. So the sim is correct in replicating the error.

Reason is 99% of KOSH traffic won't be flying an ILS approach.
No door is closed to an open mind.
Cats open doors...

Return to “Scenery Development Questions”