KNZY NAS North Island

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
Butch

KNZY NAS North Island

Post by Butch »

I would like to know were the scenery files are for NAS North Isanld(KNZY) are located and file names in P3D V3.4

I've tried to activate a freeware version of this airport and no buildings show in P3d.
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads ... d-scenery/

I wanted to add static aircraft to the native P3D version of this facility and do not know what BGL file it is and where its located.

Also, is there a shortcut to access the scenery files in P3d other then load P3d and then access scenery files
thru a drop down in P3D?
downscc

Re: KNZY NAS North Island

Post by downscc »

If you correctly add-on the 3d party scenery it will over ride the default airport. If no buildings are showing then there might be missing files or the add-on references to default building library has issues - contact the developer for support.

One quick way to find the specific bgl file that contains a default airport is to use ADE to open a stock airport and it provides the path and filename to that target.

Adding static aircraft to a default airport is basically the same as creating a replacement AF file for the default airport and you are are actually creating an add-on.

Visit the Learning Center to review the various correct ways to add 3d party scenery.
Dan Downs
KCRP
Butch

Post by Butch »

That is fine and good however, I wanted to know where is the stock NAS North Island KNZY airport located in
P3D V3.4? I know about ADE program.

Thanks
downscc

Post by downscc »

Butch wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:23 pm That is fine and good however, I wanted to know where is the stock NAS North Island KNZY airport located in
P3D V3.4? I know about ADE program.

Thanks
Launch ADE, select Open Stock Airport, enter KNZY and click on result in list box then it provides the path/filename for the APX bgl file that contains that airport container.
Dan Downs
KCRP