Frame rates drop below 5 when at a certain point on the scenery

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
timkikly

Frame rates drop below 5 when at a certain point on the scenery

Post by timkikly »

Hi,
I am developing a part of a scenery package using resample to create .bgls for photoscenery. 99.9% of everything is working correctly as it should, but i have noticed that at ONE CERTAIN PLACE at a larger airport, the frame rates will drop down to unusable levels....if i slew up, say around 4000 ft the frame rates will return to acceptable levels, or if i get far enough away from that one certain point, the frame rates will also return to acceptable levels.

This occurs using only the .bgls made from resample and adding a texture folder with autogen, otherwise vanilla install of P3Dv4.5.12

Can anyone say why the simulator seems to bottleneck at certain places? It seems to possibly have something to do with autogen, when i add the texture folder with houses and builds, it definitely goes too low to even use.

ALSO...Is there any other way for a developer to get support besides having to post in forums?
downscc

Re: Frame rates drop below 5 when at a certain point on the scenery

Post by downscc »

It is useful to differentiate between low frame rate and long frames because a long frame is usually the result of how P3D processes the loading of scenery objects. A frame rate drop can be caused by many things except scenery objects loading, such as very high poly count, dynamic lighting, high resolution shadows, etc.

My go to place for all things scenery development is the FSDeveloper forum here https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/
Dan Downs
KCRP