Long delays at 6% Loading Scenery stage

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
Raymondez

Long delays at 6% Loading Scenery stage

Postby Raymondez » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:18 am

Hi folks,
I know this is a long standing issue but I am here to request that some serious development effort be applied to the issue of long loading times when third party scenery is added.
Developers like ORBX are creating fabulous products for a sim that appears to be struggling to keep up.

I know this continually gets mentioned so why does the issue still exist?
We blamed architecture previously, but you worked magic and brought us 64bit.
The solution is not actively managing the scenery library using some third party editor.
In my opinion this should be the next big ticket item to be resolved.
My hardware is up to date using an m.2 ssd and I still see delays.

The ORBX product that seems to have tipped the issue over the edge is the Orlando City Scene scenery.
A search on the ORBX forum will describe the issue in detail.

The developer has quoted "So, my #1 priority in the very near future is to get with LM and see if we can find a solution (it seems like a simple one). "

I would like to request that he is supported to resolve the matter once and for all so we can continue to utilise our preferred sim of choice.
regards,
Ray

pmb

Re: Long delays at 6% Loading Scenery stage

Postby pmb » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:59 am

I fully agree.

Prepar3d loading times start to become unacceptable. Among the three simulators I regularly use (Prepar3d, X-Plane, AeroflyFS), Prepar3d has the longest loading time, even for comparable sceneries, and by a wide margin. Even from my (non-M.2) SSD typical loading time is around 5 min. And I already use SimStarter to deactivate part of my sceneries, basically per continent. However, enabling scenery per country (which would lead to perhaps a few dozens of profiles) would conflict with the purpose of flying as such, except perhaps approach training.

The recent ORBX Cityscape Orlando loads around 15 min (mostly at the 6% break) on my system, if only this one is activated. It's virtually impossible to load it with other sceneries in parallel.

Thanks for considering and
kind regards, Michael
Prepar3d4 Pro // Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus Z170 / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung2 SSD 500 GB + SSD 1 TB + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

JJJackson

Postby JJJackson » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:36 am

I can confirm the long loading time. It is very annoying and surely it must be possible to solve the problem.

Jack
the Swede in Spain

Simu67

Postby Simu67 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:50 am

Hi,

I found this in ORBX forum, read the Cityscene FAQ, it explains what happens at 6%, very intersting !

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/166 ... nt-1467513

Regards
P3D V4.3, Windows10, 5930K @4,1 Ghz, 16 Go DDR3 3 3000, 1080Ti StrixOC 11Go, Asus 34'' 3440X1440, FSUIPC, AS16, ASCA, PTA, Goflight interface tool, GoFlight modules and Flight Illusion gauges. A lot of Orbx scenery add-ons.

Return to “Scenery Development Questions”