New Airports Are Missing

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
mertmuradoglu97

New Airports Are Missing

Post by mertmuradoglu97 »

Dear Develooment Team,

I have just wondered if you are considering updating the default sceneries. It seems like the airport database has not much changed since the first version.

However, there are a lot of new airports opening such as the new Istanbul Airport! LTBA (Ataturk) is being closed to service at the end of this year and all its operations will be transferred to LTFM (Istanbul). Unfortunately, even the v4.4 does not contain LTFM, but LTBA still exists in the simulator. It is just an example like many other cases.

Are you planning to add new airports into simulator in the future?

Sincerely Yours,

Mert
rmbaba

Re: New Airports Are Missing

Post by rmbaba »

Hi,

Any reply would be appreciated!!

Regards
downscc

Post by downscc »

What do you want them to say? Their world scenery is obsolete but there are many many 3rd party scenery developers out there and you can do your own modifications to default airports with Airport Design Editor (ADE) a free and powerful tool.
Dan Downs
KCRP
rmbaba

Post by rmbaba »

downscc wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:46 pm What do you want them to say? Their world scenery is obsolete but there are many many 3rd party scenery developers out there and you can do your own modifications to default airports with Airport Design Editor (ADE) a free and powerful tool.
It's not my responsibility to build the airport; I'm only asking if applicable to include the new airport LTFM within the next update, at least the default same other airports. (not mandatory to be a professional)

Thank for passing into this topic and Many thanks for their efforts.

Best Regards
keenrw

Post by keenrw »

I wish they would spend time updating the default Airports , these airports date back from FS2004 days even the old Terrain.cfg display errors have never been fixed , its great to have new features but im sure time could be spend bringing the Airports up to date.
Charles Brak

Post by Charles Brak »

I agree with updating the default airports. They are still from the FSX era. I fly a lot online together with P3D and XPlane pilots and there are always differences between P3D and XPlane airport sceneries, very frustrating and confusing.
If LM wants to compete with XPlane and in future with FS2020, they have to do something about that. Buying airports add-ons is one solution, but in my opinion, not the desirable one.

Greetings,
Charles