Terminal Waypoints & other navaids

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
SpectroPro

Terminal Waypoints & other navaids

Postby SpectroPro » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:26 am

Where does P3D get the information for these aids?

I am asking because I am working with a friend in the complete redesign (fixing) KCVG airport. I am currently working on the TW's and setting up correct approaches, STARS, departures, etc... He sent me his ADE file for the airport and I gotta say, many of the STOCK waypoints are NOT real in any sense that I can find. Some are real but not even close to the correct location (distance from thresholds.) Some of the names are nothing like any of the actual charts show.

I have searched on Google for an insane amount of hours trying to find something to show me ALL the actual TW's located anywhere in the vicinity of KCVG. With every chart available sitting in front of me I can't find many of the ones that are in P3D version of KCVG. Does anyone know any site that shows these? Were many of these just made up for the "game". I'd love some help with this information so that I may delete the garbage ones, correct the ones that need to be there, and add ones that should be there but are not.

Just one example is on RWY 18C (18R in the incorrect P3D version of KCVG) named D028D. This doesn't appear in any chart for KCVG.....so where did it come from? DOSKE is in the exact same spot as D028D. Neither of those are real. So why there? LOGOZ is another that is not real. So why there? Some (few) ARE real around the airport...others (a bunch) are all over the place but I can't find them on any chart. I'm repeating myself but this is very very frustrating!!!

Thanks for any help or clues.... Since we will be providing real charts with our airport scenery we need real fixes and waypoints... I just need help in finding where to see them all (that really exist) and curious as to where P3D got their info??

Thanks again,

Greg

WarpD

Re: Terminal Waypoints & other navaids

Postby WarpD » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:52 pm

That data is obtained from the raw ARINC data files purchased from either Lufthansa or Jeppesen. The D028D waypoint is a special ARINC waypoint for a procedure. I don't know if it exists in current ARINC data or not, but those types of terminal waypoints do indeed exist.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation

SpectroPro

Re: Terminal Waypoints & other navaids

Postby SpectroPro » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:50 pm

That data is obtained from the raw ARINC data files purchased from either Lufthansa or Jeppesen. The D028D waypoint is a special ARINC waypoint for a procedure. I don't know if it exists in current ARINC data or not, but those types of terminal waypoints do indeed exist.
Thank you much...that's exactly what I needed to know. :)

Greg

Return to “Scenery Development Questions”