Lights - Aerosoft airports

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
kevinfirth

Post by kevinfirth »

Class acts both of you - Wes and the LM Crew, your positive interaction with other developers for everyone's mutual benefit is a credit. *hats off*
Mathijs

Post by Mathijs »

Thanks to Wesley for stepping in. Today more data has been shared and we think that there will be solution, but it is NOT easy. We took a non standard way of handling things to get things done in a time when there was no P3D.

I also like to make clear that we do not sell those products as P3D compatible. If it works, great, but you did not buy the product as P3D compatible. Most of our new releases ARE sold as compatible (with the limitation that AES and AESlite are not included). We will selectively try to make older products compatible. But we are not a publisher/developer that handles one release a year (some do one every few years), we have more then one release a week (not all for FS). So it is hard for us to work backwards. We will try though. And as said Lockheed is very helpful. If MS would have been like this our favorite software would be in far better shape!

And Snave is Snave. In the 20+ years I handled forums I have never had a user that was so abrasive. He got superb knowledge and he has helped our customers numerous times with great advice. But I also never had a user that caused so much controversy. It was a fine balance and at least 25% of his posts were removed. In the end 75% of his posts were unacceptable and we banned him from our forums, just as he was banned from nearly any other forum earlier. A great loss, because we could all benefit from his comments.

Snave

Post by Snave »

You think I'm banned? :|

The fact is that your moderator/admin spoke out of turn and incited this topic. There lies the problem - lack of information provided to your customers.

What he should have done is acknowledged the problem is of Aerosofts making; that they continue working with L-M to fix it; reminding customers who install non-P3D compliant product into the sim should not expect full functionality as the `construction` methods used in your sceneries imply problems. Indeed, installing into P3D is NOT supported.

And this should all have been done on YOUR forums. Not here.

These forums are for Prepar3D customers and, to a limited extent, the addons that do run on it. Your customers should NEVER have been referred here in the first place. Therein lies the disrespect. It will be noted that Oliver only posted about the issue in P3Dv2 in your own fora yesterday, months after this topic was first raised here.

Hopefully this obfuscation removal prompts better customer information from Aerosoft staff and forum administrators in future - and a higher standard of moderating the moderators. I also suggest you put a clear disclaimer on ALL products likely to have issues in P3D to make it obvious to potential customers that the product is not yet suitable and that they should NOT post in these forums if they choose to install in an inappropriate platform.

Aerosoft product pages seemingly have a standard terminology for products that ARE claimed as suitable, so the equivalent as a warning to those who might purchase by mistake would obviate the `no refund` policy that Aerosoft operates - and the necessity for us here to refer them back to you, there.

I'm sure I speak for all Aerosoft customers when I say that clarification on this issue is welcomed, and we hope to be able to purchase products to use in Prepar3d in future. In P3D I regularly use scenery products and airport addons to `pre-fly` flights & approaches I am about to make in real life, as it makes for a very useful `try before fly` tool, particularly when on finals when one's attention needs to be focussed. I can recount instances where that awareness enhanceent has precluded a go-around or a `temporarily uncertain of position` issue, and I know several airline pilots who learn taxiway and airport layouts from the sim before flying into an airport for the first time. Not a training, but a familiarity tool, but educational nonetheless.

It will be good to welcome Aerosoft into the fold.

No door is closed to an open mind.
Cats open doors...
overflow

Post by overflow »

Quote:
Quote from Mathijs on April 11, 2014, 14:55

Thanks to Wesley for stepping in. Today more data has been shared and we think that there will be solution, but it is NOT easy. We took a non standard way of handling things to get things done in a time when there was no P3D.

I also like to make clear that we do not sell those products as P3D compatible. If it works, great, but you did not buy the product as P3D compatible. Most of our new releases ARE sold as compatible (with the limitation that AES and AESlite are not included). We will selectively try to make older products compatible. But we are not a publisher/developer that handles one release a year (some do one every few years), we have more then one release a week (not all for FS). So it is hard for us to work backwards. We will try though. And as said Lockheed is very helpful. If MS would have been like this our favorite software would be in far better shape!

Thank you Mathijs, that`s correct, absolutely.
Deckerd

Post by Deckerd »

Just as a quick sidenote on AS and version 2.2.10437.0. It seems there are problems at EDDS and EDDM with the elevation or mesh data as textures hover and runways and taxiways seen non-paved.

Best

K
Deckerd

Post by Deckerd »

Works now after a clean install of FSX and P3D2.2. Simmershome.de was very helpful here
Hirthflieger

Post by Hirthflieger »

Hi. Are there any news regarding the light issue? I just joined P3D and I am very disappointed that I can not use my AS scenerys due to that
Ursli80

Post by Ursli80 »

Hi

I also think that this would have to be solved. Most addons are as already mentioned by AS.

But I would like to also again generally call the problem.

I was in the v2.3 and v2.4 now in the problem that the RWY lights on the train float on the standard airports of P3D.

Is there a solution that works?

Unfortunately I can not upload photos for whatever reason.

Dear Greetings from LSZH

Urs
My Hardware:
Asus Maximus Hero VII i7 6700K 4Ghz OC 4.4
16GB Ram
2x 250 SSD
GTX1080Ti FE
Software:
P3Dv4
Various addons like ORBX and Addon Airports
ProSim Modell V2 2019
On separate PC
Prosim 737
ASP4/ACSA
FSUIPC5/WideFS
Fly Elise 180°Visual
Hirthflieger

Post by Hirthflieger »

Is anyone reading this forum????
Hirthflieger

Post by Hirthflieger »

I had a CAT II approach into LSZH last Thursday. Was really great without approach lights -.-

Can we get an answer here please?
Snave

Post by Snave »

Quote:
Quote from Hirthflieger on October 15, 2014, 10:16

I had a CAT II approach into LSZH last Thursday. Was really great without approach lights -.-

Can we get an answer here please?

Aerosoft Zurich is sold for FS2004 and FSX only.

Why would you think there would be any help for an unsupported product installed in an inappropriate platform?

No door is closed to an open mind.
Cats open doors...
Hirthflieger

Post by Hirthflieger »

Ok than lets talk about the other scenerys which are designed for P3D v2 and the lights are off. I don't understand your comment. it's definitely an error that can only be fixed by LM. When it worked in 2.2 why it doesn't in 2.3 and later? Can you explain that to me?
bjratchf

Post by bjratchf »

Any update on this issue?