What now ?

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Aquila

Post by Aquila »

Surfing the site I still don't understand if this is a stand-alone flight sim or something to use along with another sim like FSX or similar. I mean, buying the Professional Licence and not being a FSX (or whatever) owner, do I have some planes and a world to fly in ?

Thanks

Legacy Support

Post by Legacy Support »

Hi Aquila,

Thanks for your post and interest in Prepar3D. Yes, this is a standalone simulation product. It is compatible with many FSX add-ons as it is derived from the same source code, which in turn created Microsoft ESP, the commercial version of FSX. This is the software that Lockheed Martin purchased in order to create Prepar3D. It has a whole-Earth database and aircraft that ship with the product for people to fly in.

More information on the product can be found on our website in the Product Overview page: http://www.prepar3d.com/product-overview/

Regards,

John Nicol

Principal Engineer, Prepar3D

Aquila

Post by Aquila »

Hi and thanks for your prompt answer John.

I'm planning to buy the Professional Licence but, since a demo isn't available, I would like to know which planes are included. I'm asking this because in the Product Overview page this info isn't shown.
lionheart

Post by lionheart »

Maule Orion

Piper J3 Cub

Mooney Bravo

Robinson R22

Beechcraft Baron 58

Beechcraft King Air 350

P-38 Lightening

Lockheed Constellation

Neptune Submersible
FSMP

Post by FSMP »

Quote:
Quote from Aquila on May 2, 2012, 11:57

Hi and thanks for your prompt answer John.

I'm planning to buy the Professional Licence but, since a demo isn't available, I would like to know which planes are included. I'm asking this because in the Product Overview page this info isn't shown.

On the P3D website, it states:

Code:
Refund Policy
Lockheed Martin Prepar3D® Software License 60-Day Refund Policy

What Software Licenses Are Eligible for a Refund?
All Lockheed Martin Prepar3D® software licenses that are purchased come with a Lockheed Martin 60-Day Money-Back Guarantee.
Lockheed Martin will refund your purchase price subject to policy guidelines and license agreement provisions.

60 Day Refund Policy would seem to be even better than a limited time DEMO :)

Legacy Support

Post by Legacy Support »

Geoff,

Not for demo purposes though. That would be a mis-use of the intent and could jeopardize our refund policy.

John
Dumpcore

Post by Dumpcore »

One solution is to try the developer license for 10$. You can test it for a month, your addons, your hardware, etc. and if like, purchase your license.

Regards,

Dump
FSMP

Post by FSMP »

Quote:
Quote from John Nicol on May 3, 2012, 08:34

Geoff,

Not for demo purposes though. That would be a mis-use of the intent and could jeopardize our refund policy.

John

John

Thanks... I realize I did not not really understand what he was looking for. It seemed to me, he wanted to DEMO the product toi HIMSELF, to evaluate it, as he did not seem clear of what P3D was.

Malky

Post by Malky »

To save me having to buy to demo it or the $10 to trial. What is the maximum number of screens that has been proven to work with this software? No matrox or other splitters. No horizontal spanning, lets say one PC with 3 dual head video cards that can connect 6 screens. I KNOW FSX CAN'T do it. Can PREPAR3D?
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

I can verify that 4 monitors spanning two video cards works fine on my dev machine. We should scale up to 8, but I don't have a hardware setup to test more than 4.

Beau
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
Malky

Post by Malky »

Thanks Beau. We did a fair bit of research to find a PC that had 4 PCI2-16 slots. The PC has 3 8800GTS, each card hooked up to 2 monitors (using the 2 DVI outputs on each card). It may be a challenge to find a PC that can take those cards, however, some ATI cards have 6 outputs , but need active adapters from the video ports to allow all 6 monitors to work.
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

It's undocumented, but I have been able to push more than the AMD hardware spec with non-active adapters provided when using the same exact model monitor for the additional displays (using a FirePro 8800). When I tried swapping out of my monitors for a different model I could only push 2 or the 3. You can also use display port directly on newer displays.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
Malky

Post by Malky »

We have tried some ATI card with 6 outputs, (2 DVI, 4 video port) but only puts out 2 screens when using passive connectors.

We have also bee nsticking to 22" monitors but 2 dell and 4 ELO.