TheWarman - Gettin my P3D on!

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
TheWarman

Post by TheWarman »

I hope to make friends here and interact. My creativity needs an avenue to be expressed, and now to get my simulation on, I'm going to see what P3D can do! I'm a Project Manager and an fully seasoned Software Simulation Engineer... I'm dangerous! Ha ha!

Next week I'll have all my new computer equipment set up and ready for a P3D install. After 15 yrs of Simulation experience, I look forward to learning the more technical aspects of the P3D engine and network connectivity. I hear talk about DIS being an "Add-On" to the sim and I hope to see it operational in a fully networked multiplayer scenario - if that is even possible, hey - I've never even seen P3D run yet!

I suppose being a "Developer" has its limitations as I'm sure P3D is not Open Source... so what exactly "is" a Developer? Is it just a Configurator of models, airframes, database scenery??? Just how powerful is the SDK? Will I be impressed as a programmer? Hmmmm?! All my questions will be answered as I delve into the Realm of P3D. I'm just ramblin on here... no worries! See You All on the FORUM! Had to get my newbie post out of the way.

-TheWarman
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

Welcome,

It is great to see you are excited about Prepar3D and we welcome you to the community! You are correct, Prepar3D is not open source, but the SDK we provide is very powerful. After you install Prepar3D and the SDK, I recommend playing with the code samples that are provided. You can really learn a lot just by experimenting with the included samples. If you have any questions, this forum is alive with many different experts and you can discover a lot just by reading forum postings.

Have a good one!
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager
TheWarman

Post by TheWarman »

Nice to meet you Adam. I've looked at the downloads and see the SDK. Thanks for the tip!