v5.1 is NOT Stable nor Complete

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
AceHigh817

v5.1 is NOT Stable nor Complete

Postby AceHigh817 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:54 pm

I don't even know where to start... After reading your post about all the fixes to v5.1. I got excited and decided to reinstall.

I've been using v4.5 since your last hotfix broke even more stuff. Even after spending the $60 and not being able to use it for a LONG time. I still held on to v5 with some hope.

So after hearing the news. I decided to use my day off and spend hours reinstalling everything on v5.1. This morning I got it running and with a solid 40-50FPS on the runway, in a heavy storm. With the graphic settings as they are in my v4.5 sim. I ran it for about 5 mins. I thought everything was great and y'all finally did it.

Needless to say, I was way wrong to trust your release notes. I've been trying the last 2 hours to get out of the gate in Atlanta. I'm getting more CTD's, complete application closures without event errors, and Memory Hanging errors. I'm only using 5.1/7.1GB per the sim. But every dang time I swap views quickly or try and spawn GSX for the first time. It's crashing.. I've also turned EA off because as we all know. It's in no way finished. I've run updates on everything so they have the latest. So it's not the addons that I'm also using because I also tested at the default airport in a F-35.

I'm running a i7-4790k @ 4.75 GHz on 16GB ram. Everything's on a SSD and my video card is a EVGA 1080SC (Not manually OC'd). I have more than enough power for this.

Addons Used:
ORBX
GSX
ImagineSim KATL - v5
Aerosoft A321 - v5
FSRealWX - Until ASCA/AS is updated

I swore to myself that I would never pay Microsoft again for another sim. Especially after they turning their backs on the community. I think I'll be changing my mind if LM you can't get it together. I own 3 versions of P3D and this might be my last.

I have no clue what to do to fix this. All those addons work perfectly fine in v4.5. I'm beyond frustrated with your product.

Bassman7e7

Re: v5.1 is NOT Stable nor Complete

Postby Bassman7e7 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:45 am

It's unfortunate reading about these frustrations...it always seems to be something wrong with the SIM. I'm a current user of both P3D V5 and MSFS. Obviously MSFS has it's issues and will take a long time before any study level aircraft are ready for it. In the meantime they continue to work on stability fixes while breaking other functions.

P3D 4.5 wasn't without it's own issues but for some odd reason it was actually stable enough to run from time to time. V5 had it's issues upon release and after HF2 came out the primary lingering CTD that I was fed up and frustrated with was the Kernelbase error & VCRUNTIME error which plagued me at least once every flight I tried to take. Since 5.1 came out and I know it's recent....I no longer get the VCRUNTIME error...but right off the bat I had to disable SODE because it seemed to be a culprit of the ucrt.dll CTD...but honestly I haven't gotten that error yet. I get random APP hangs like this;

The program Prepar3D.exe version 5.1.8.26742 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: d70
Start Time: 01d6b0ca748df836
Termination Time: 37
Application Path: H:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Prepar3D.exe
Report Id: b641a9a4-52f6-426b-88a1-6edeccf06d3f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Unknown

No faulting modules, nothing specific...just flyings FSL A320 from IAH to EGE and was over DFW when it failed..again. I can't use EA because...well it needs work, and from my GTX 1080 i'm trying to be somewhat conservative on VRAM as is.

Point is, short of disabling EVERY addon I have...I suspect I will still get a random unexplainable app hang and this isn't ok. I should be able to make a single flight from gate to gate without having a CTD in the middle of it.

i7 8700K OC'd 4.5
GTX 1080
32GB Ram

A Long list of addons including various...
Orbx Products
FSDT Products
Flightbeam Products
FlyTampa Products
Imaginesim Products
Aerosoft Products
PMDG 737, 747
FSL A320/21
Qwings 787
TDFI 717
C.Perlman
KDFW/KDAL
Aviation/Simulator Enthusiast - DHS Employee

I7 8700K 3.7 OC'd 0 4.5, AsRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6, Asus GTX 1080 STRIX, 32GB DDR4, CH49HG Samsung Ultrawide Monitor.

Blaunarwal

Postby Blaunarwal » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:59 am

Not everyone has these severe problems. What you both have in common is the GPU GTX1080 and complex airliners, like FSLabs or Aerosoft A320. But if the sim also crashes with the default F-35, it is rather hardware related. Maybe LM should do more tests with the GTX1080 or take it out of the specs.

I use the RTX2080 (8GB) and have similar VRAM values from 4.1 to 6.1 and the sim is rather stable. But I got CTDs before with 5.0, related to addons and settings. Now with 5.1 is a bit better. Unfortunately I can't use EA, since my addons aren't ready. There are a lot of trees, clouds and other objects not compatible giving ugly effects. Really too bad, since it gave the sim a realistic touch.

Regards

Dan
i7- 9700K @ 5.0 GHz, 32 GB DDR-4 SDRAM, ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F, KFA2 RTX2080 Super Ex 8GB

JorgenSA

Postby JorgenSA » Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:20 am

Dan,

Some issues with graphics cards may come from an overclocked card.

NVidia sells many of their cards through OEMs, like Gigabyte, MSi and many, many others. Some of these OEMs overclock the cards slightly before they sell them on, and returning the cards to nVidia's clock rates has fixed some problems in the past.

I will not single out any OEM (cannot, because there's no rhyme or reason of which of them does what), but if you have issues it would be worth it to check if your card is overclocked and if so bring it to nVidia's rate.

I do not know if there could be a similar issue with AMD cards.

Jorgen
System: i7-7700K @ 4.66 GHz, ASUS Z170-A motherboard, 16 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia GTX 960 w/ 4 GB DDR5 VRAM, Windows 10 Home.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.

Blaunarwal

Postby Blaunarwal » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:30 am

Dan,

NVidia sells many of their cards through OEMs, like Gigabyte, MSi and many, many others. Some of these OEMs overclock the cards slightly before they sell them on, and returning the cards to nVidia's clock rates has fixed some problems in the past.

I will not single out any OEM (cannot, because there's no rhyme or reason of which of them does what), but if you have issues it would be worth it to check if your card is overclocked and if so bring it to nVidia's rate.

Jorgen
You're right, I removed my gpu overclocking software calle Xtreme Tuner two weeks ago. Since then I have fewer issues.
i7- 9700K @ 5.0 GHz, 32 GB DDR-4 SDRAM, ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F, KFA2 RTX2080 Super Ex 8GB

Bassman7e7

Postby Bassman7e7 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:21 pm

Dan,

Jorgen
I feel a bit refreshed this afternoon, so i'm going to go about doing some tests. My GTX 1080 STRIX came factory OC'd, but I just dialed that back using the ASUS GPU Tweak tuner. Processor is still sitting at 4.5 (And has never caused an issue but won't discount it) My P3D CFG is still the same since before going to 5.1. SODE is disabled. FSUIPC is set for autosave, I'm probably gonna shut that off and see if I can reproduce the same app hang without it. Maybe disable all the scenery and put them in one developer at a time.
C.Perlman
KDFW/KDAL

I7 8700K 3.7 OC'd 0 4.5, AsRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6, Asus GTX 1080 STRIX, 32GB DDR4, CH49HG Samsung Ultrawide Monitor.

Bassman7e7

Postby Bassman7e7 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:23 am

So.....I'm not quite sure what I did exactly....

After setting my STRIX 1080 to a more "Normal" stock level.....I started off with the F35 flying around the Los Angeles/San Diego/Mexico area for a good while (2hrs) without a CTD. This was with AIG/ALL Aftermarket airports active / SODE Disabled. (Jetways appeared but no control over them)

I then switched over to the flight I was attempting to complete yesterday from Houston to Eagle/Vail with FSL A320. I was able to land the plane and park it without a CTD, furthermore with EA turned on. VRAM only went to 3.7 out of 7.1

Without exiting I continued from Eagle/Vail (ORBX) to Chicago O'Hare (FSDT's) and the sim didn't CTD once. VRAM went to 4.9 MAX out of 7.1 after landing & parking..triggering GSX, nothing...no CTD. FSUIPC Autosave was also enabled but I spread the saves out a tad bit longer.

I'll continue my testing with something else tomorrow. I wanted to see how EA looked and wasn't disappointed. I am however getting white texture blocks around the NAV lights and various other lights throughout the SIM.
C.Perlman
KDFW/KDAL

Blaunarwal

Postby Blaunarwal » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:12 am

So.....I'm not quite sure what I did exactly....

After setting my STRIX 1080 to a more "Normal" stock level.......no CTD.
Good to hear, you could fly without CTD. As long as fps are fluent, there's no need for GPU OC. The CPU is great with 4.5. Never had any problems with CPU OC within the sim only. If it's too much, also the system will crash.

Usually I have no problems with sceneries, especially commercial addons, even if they were for P3D3, they run fine. Sometimes a height adjustment has to be made. Complex aircraft are often more a problem, e.g. QW 787. But this can be installed and only crashes the sim, when you load the plane. I also had the C152 configured for the GNS750 from Flight1, which is not compatible at the moment. My startup flight with the C152 made the sim crash because of this addon. Removing it from the plane until its updated solved the problem for now.

There are several addons around with textures not compatible to EA. It's a matter of time, until these get updated, I hope. Could be, the developer are no longer interested in P3D because of MSFS. Since LM has to bring out a Hotfix first, no one will do something now. We have to wait again.

Dan

Bassman7e7

Postby Bassman7e7 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:28 am

Welp,

I'm afraid it was all short lived. This was the error I was presented.

The program Prepar3D.exe version 5.1.8.26742 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 2f60
Start Time: 01d6b64850f7ab6c
Termination Time: 34
Application Path: H:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Prepar3D.exe
Report Id: 10dd2e62-136c-420b-8f06-8700139d01b4
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Unknown

Which I know doesn't help anyone because it doesn't leave any indication on where to start. To date, i've disabled all 3rd party scenery that's outside the USA and only have products enabled from FSDT, Flightbeam, Orbx, FlyTampa, LatinVFR & Orbx (Scenery Wise) AC hasn't changed...still flying FSL A320. I do have the new fix enabled in the SIM area of the P3d cfg file, FSUIPC is still running autosaves but if I disable that I feel like i'm dead in the water if it craps out again. I've even uninstalled all components of V5.1 and re-installed them. Short of doing this again and fully deleting everything out of the folders, I don't really know. I'm running ASP3D as well but before 5.1 was released I was getting VCRuntime / Kernelbase errors from the Simconnect window and from ASP3D trying to communicate with it. GPU is still at stock speeds, CPU still kicking at 4.5mhz.

As strange as it sounds I can run default F35 around multiple areas with all my sceneries enabled..without a single issue. Just seems to be the 3rd party AC that have problems (From my troubleshooting) Kinda sucks having problems.
C.Perlman
KDFW/KDAL

JorgenSA

Postby JorgenSA » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:14 am

Allow me to quote:

"As strange as it sounds I can run default F35 around multiple areas with all my sceneries enabled.. without a single issue. Just seems to be the 3rd party AC that have problems"

To me, that means that your scenery add-ons seem to be OK, but the problem certainly exists with your add-on aircraft. That issue needs to be addressed by those add-on aircraft developers.

Jorgen
System: i7-7700K @ 4.66 GHz, ASUS Z170-A motherboard, 16 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia GTX 960 w/ 4 GB DDR5 VRAM, Windows 10 Home.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.

Return to “Miscellaneous”