Thanks anyway

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
hcb756

Thanks anyway

Postby hcb756 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:47 pm

I've tried everything to make it work - I've read innumerable posts on the various forums about how to cure the problem - it goes to black screen as soon as I click "OK" in the opening dialog. I can hear engines running but after five seconds it crashes to the desktop. Event log says, "Prepar3d stopped communicating with windows so it was terminated." I unloaded all my Orbx and Milviz addons. I uninstalled the client and reinstalled it. I ran without virus protection - I did all that was suggested and it now opens with the F-22 over which I have no control - it sits at idle for a few seconds and then drives in circles with no way to stop it.

So - I'm gone. I've spent 60 dollars and know it's gone because I installed the program. I'll go back to FSX-SE where I never had a single problem - it loaded, took my addons and ran perfectly.

Thanks for the try - I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong since so many people seem to use it. But I'm not interested in spending more than the five hours I've already spent trying to make it run

JorgenSA

Re: Thanks anyway

Postby JorgenSA » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:25 am

I don't know if this is going to make any difference for you, or you really have quit P3D. But here goes:

The symptoms you describe could be caused by your system not being up to the minimum requirements for P3D, which you will find here:

https://www.prepar3d.com/system-requirements/

If your system is above the minimum requirements, then the first question would be if after installing P3D, and before installing anything else, did P3D then run at all, or did you have those symptoms you describe right away?

If it ran OK, then at what point in installing your add-ons did the problem begin to appear? And, are all those add-ons P3D-compatible - in particular, are they compatible with P3D v4?

Jorgen
System: i7-7700K @ 4.66 GHz, ASUS Z170-A motherboard, 16 GB of 2133 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia GTX 960 graphics w/ 4 GB DDR5 VRAM, Thrustmaster HOTAS-X, Windows 10 Home

Return to “Miscellaneous”