[RESOLVED] Nothing in zip file.

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Duane64

[RESOLVED] Nothing in zip file.

Postby Duane64 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:18 pm

I downloaded the newest update for v4.5. It took 4 hours to download that update and when it completed I tried to extract from the zip file. The message that appeared was that there was nothing in the zip file to extract. I used Microsoft Edge to download it. I need to know what happened to all my zip file contents. Please let me know what went wrong. Should have I downloaded it on another browser. I have ATT.Net on the computer also. Your info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your feed back. Downloaded the newest update from 0830 am to 1230 pm on Saturday morning Oct. 12 2019. Were you all having problems with your download cloud on that day. If so please let me know. Thanks Again, Duane.

Martyson

Re: Nothing in zip file.

Postby Martyson » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:15 pm

From your P3D account downloads page.
You could first try downloading one small file e.g., the SDK.
To test all is working properly on your internet connection.
And also verify that your checksum is correct for that file.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

FCXEVV

Postby FCXEVV » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:27 am

Hi Duane,

Are you sure you left the download long enough?
I used Edge to download 4.5 ok only on Tuesday, when explorer is downloading any file, it first downloads it to a cache folder then copies it to where you selected to save it, if you monitor this location you'll see a file created but it's not the actual file until explorer has copied everything over, are you seeing this empty file or otherwise causing the download to stop.

regards

Steve

Duane64

Postby Duane64 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:59 pm

Thank You Guys for responding to my post. I tried to download the 4.5 #2 hotfix yesterday and it was successful. I did not use Microsoft Edge this time. But used Internet Explorer which has att.net on it. Actually the download page recommends you to use Internet Explorer or Firefox. Thanks again for your responses. Duane R.

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:19 pm

Thank You Guys for responding to my post. I tried to download the 4.5 #2 hotfix yesterday and it was successful. I did not use Microsoft Edge this time. But used Internet Explorer which has att.net on it. Actually the download page recommends you to use Internet Explorer or Firefox. Thanks again for your responses. Duane R.
You are welcome.
Glad to hear your problem is resolved.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Return to “Miscellaneous”