Virtual Cockpit

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Culkster

Virtual Cockpit

Post by Culkster »

Hi all

Relatively new to P3d but a long time FS9/FSX user and would like to pick peoples brains about the VC focal point

I know that you can make the VC focal point focus on one runway end or the other but im wondering if its possible to select a point on an airfield and use that as a focal point ie the control tower

The reason I ask is that I record multiplayer sessions on one screen from the tower view and I use my second monitor to fly from cockpit view either leading or holding formation, the limitation to that is I have to keep the tower view as my main screen to record sound properly which means I cant look around in cockpit view to get bearings of the airfield

But I've found using a runway end as a focal point not very practical if Im flying over the other end, where as focused on the tower would help me with knowing where I am positioning wise from the info on both screens :)

long winded I know but hopefully its something that is possible