Getting message on P3dv2.5

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Duane64

Getting message on P3dv2.5

Post by Duane64 »

I moved my P3Dv2.5 from an external hardrive to my C drive and am now getting this message. These are multiple objects with the same name. They must have unique title names, It shows for the Bombardier LJ 45 and the Bombardier CJR 700. These came off of the FSX flight sim. What do I need to do to stop from seeing these messages when v2.5 is downloading. Your answers are appreciated. Thanks.
Martyson

Re: Getting message on P3dv2.5

Post by Martyson »

Duane64 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:16 pm I moved my P3Dv2.5 from an external hardrive to my C drive and am now getting this message. These are multiple objects with the same name. They must have unique title names, It shows for the Bombardier LJ 45 and the Bombardier CJR 700. These came off of the FSX flight sim. What do I need to do to stop from seeing these messages when v2.5 is downloading. Your answers are appreciated. Thanks.
Where did you see P3D instructions for moving the P3D program contents from one drive to another?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Duane64

Post by Duane64 »

I didn't see any instructions on how to move it from one drive to another. I have a USB Flashdrive with 2.5 on it. When the other external drive went out I downloaded it from my flash drive to my C drive in its own folder. Now why the question. I am supposed to get permission from someone there to download it to another hard drive. The message comes up after it downloads the scenery and such. But before the actual sim begins to download. I just asked if anyone else had hd the same problem and what did they do to fix it. Actually I can live with the problem but I thought there might be a soluion to it. If not then I am sorry I troubled you all with the question. But if there is a simple fix then let me know what it is. Thanks.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Duane64 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:22 am I didn't see any instructions on how to move it from one drive to another. I have a USB Flashdrive with 2.5 on it. When the other external drive went out I downloaded it from my flash drive to my C drive in its own folder. Now why the question. I am supposed to get permission from someone there to download it to another hard drive. The message comes up after it downloads the scenery and such. But before the actual sim begins to download. I just asked if anyone else had hd the same problem and what did they do to fix it. Actually I can live with the problem but I thought there might be a soluion to it. If not then I am sorry I troubled you all with the question. But if there is a simple fix then let me know what it is. Thanks.
Here you mentioned FSX, P3Dv2.5 and P3Dv3.1 on different drives.
Do you still have that setup ?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 11#p128211

In other previous posts you mentioned having P3Dv3.2 also

Hard figuring out what your current setup was before you had to move v2.5.

And, are you just moving the P3Dv2.5 ZIP file ?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)