Where is the list of included airports? And/or, how do I search before purchasing?

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
richardtsllc

Where is the list of included airports? And/or, how do I search before purchasing?

Post by richardtsllc »

I tried searching for the answer within the Forum(s); but, it keeps telling me the search key words are too common..
One would think it's an important feature to know about - OK, so there's 25K of them - but we should be able to do a pre-buy search. I bought V3, but my home airport (KCXW) was NOT included - although at that time it was a relatively new airport. Before I pay to upgrade to V4, I need to know if that airport has been added. It's a reasonable question..
aeronauta

Re: Where is the list of included airports? And/or, how do I search before purchasing?

Post by aeronauta »

it was not even in FSX , no it is not in V4.1..

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
richardtsllc

Re: Where is the list of included airports? And/or, how do I search before purchasing?

Post by richardtsllc »

Thank you for replying with that info! I e-mailed LM directly that same question months and months ago, but never received an answer. I did get the excuse that there are 25K airports. That's unfortunate, because - as I'd mentioned previously - I can't justify paying hundreds of dollars for software that still doesn't include one of the most-used airports in this area.

I know that airport isn't in FSX, because it was only completed a few years ago - basically, the city of Conway, AR bought out the land to the old airport for continued urban development, and built a nice new airport out in the middle-of-nowhere. I understand that kinda thing is happening around the country, but that's another topic (hello, AOPA).

FYI:
http://www.cityofconway.org/pages/airpo ... ell-field/
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

" I can't justify paying hundreds of dollars for software that still doesn't include one of the most-used airports in this area. "

You can get a refund within 60 days if P3D does not meet your requirements:
http://www.prepar3d.com/support/refundpolicy/
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)