Taxispeed and Timeout for AI aircraft in P3D v4

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
FlyboyNK

Post by FlyboyNK »

Finishing up final testing right now and will upload to AVSIM soon a zip file containing multiple modified ai_player.dll that changes the current taxispeed and timeout setting for AI aircraft.

The current default P3D taxispeed is 20 kts and timeout is 5:00 minutes.

I will include 20 files that have a wide range of speed and time configuration settings including:

taxispeed 20 kts with timeout setting 5:00, plus 3 more files with 20 kts taxispeed increasing timeout to approx 7:30, 10:30 and 15:00 minutes.

taxispeed 25 kts with timeout setting 5:00, plus 3 more files with 25 kts taxispeed increasing timeout to approx 7:30, 10:30 and 15:00 minutes.

taxispeed 30 kts with timeout setting 5:00, plus 3 more files with 30 kts taxispeed increasing timeout to approx 7:30, 10:30 and 15:00 minutes.

taxispeed 35 kts with timeout setting 5:00, plus 3 more files with 35 kts taxispeed increasing timeout to approx 7:30, 10:30 and 15:00 minutes.

taxispeed 40 kts with timeout setting 5:00, plus 3 more files with 40 kts taxispeed increasing timeout to approx 7:30, 10:30 and 15:00 minutes.

All you will have to do is pick which speed and time configuration file you want to use. Then copy and paste the selected file replacing your current ai_player.dll file into your main P3D folder (Remember to first make a backup of your current/original ai_player.dll file)

I have decided to upload the modified files at this point while I test the ground turn time and ground turn speed values and in the near future may create a utility program for the user to select their own values and write those directly to the ai_player.dll.

Testing additional settings currently, there appears to be 4 speed and time settings for control of AI aircraft:

Taxispeed, value in knots that controls speed of AI aircraft during taxi to and from runways / parking areas and also once the AI aircraft slow down after touchdown until they reach the next exit point to turn off the runway. Changing this speed may help the flow of AI traffic on ground at larger airports or airports with plenty of AI aircraft or limited runway / taxiway availability.
Current P3D v4 location in ai_player.dll of this setting is 00051AB5 , default hex is 00 31 , value = 20 kts

Timeout, value in time (minutes:seconds) for AI aircraft waiting to takeoff or waiting to move before they disappear (deleted from area to allow continued flow of traffic). Changing this time value may help from AI aircraft disappearing (by increasing timeout value) while waiting to takeoff due to amount of aircraft arriving on same runway.
Current P3D v4 location in ai_player.dll of this setting is 00054B1E , default hex is 72 , value = 5:00 minutes

Ground Turn Time, value in time (seconds) determines how much time is needed in seconds to make a 90 degree turn on the ground.

Ground Turn Speed, value in knots sets turn speed on the ground for AI aircraft.

I will add the locations and hex default setting for numbers 3 and 4 once upon further testing then release updated files or a standalone program to modify these settings.
The initial 20 files as mentioned above will be uploaded as soon as I finish some final testing.

Jorge
FlyboyNK

Re: Taxispeed and Timeout for AI aircraft in P3D v4

Post by FlyboyNK »

Moderator/Admin,
Please delete my post if not appropriate. Thank you
dubster231

Re: Taxispeed and Timeout for AI aircraft in P3D v4

Post by dubster231 »

FlyboyNK wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:21 pm Taxispeed and Timeout for AI aircraft in P3D v4

Finishing up final testing right now and will upload to AVSIM soon a zip file containing multiple modified ai_player.dll that changes the current taxispeed and timeout setting for AI aircraft.

The current default P3D taxispeed is 20 kts and timeout is 5:00 minutes.

I will include 20 files that have a wide range of speed and time configuration settings including:

taxispeed 20 kts with timeout setting 5:00, plus 3 more files with 20 kts taxispeed increasing timeout to approx 7:30, 10:30 and 15:00 minutes.

taxispeed 25 kts with timeout setting 5:00, plus 3 more files with 25 kts taxispeed increasing timeout to approx 7:30, 10:30 and 15:00 minutes.

taxispeed 30 kts with timeout setting 5:00, plus 3 more files with 30 kts taxispeed increasing timeout to approx 7:30, 10:30 and 15:00 minutes.

taxispeed 35 kts with timeout setting 5:00, plus 3 more files with 35 kts taxispeed increasing timeout to approx 7:30, 10:30 and 15:00 minutes.

taxispeed 40 kts with timeout setting 5:00, plus 3 more files with 40 kts taxispeed increasing timeout to approx 7:30, 10:30 and 15:00 minutes.

All you will have to do is pick which speed and time configuration file you want to use. Then copy and paste the selected file replacing your current ai_player.dll file into your main P3D folder (Remember to first make a backup of your current/original ai_player.dll file)

I have decided to upload the modified files at this point while I test the ground turn time and ground turn speed values and in the near future may create a utility program for the user to select their own values and write those directly to the ai_player.dll.

Testing additional settings currently, there appears to be 4 speed and time settings for control of AI aircraft:

Taxispeed, value in knots that controls speed of AI aircraft during taxi to and from runways / parking areas and also once the AI aircraft slow down after touchdown until they reach the next exit point to turn off the runway. Changing this speed may help the flow of AI traffic on ground at larger airports or airports with plenty of AI aircraft or limited runway / taxiway availability.
Current P3D v4 location in ai_player.dll of this setting is 00051AB5 , default hex is 00 31 , value = 20 kts

Timeout, value in time (minutes:seconds) for AI aircraft waiting to takeoff or waiting to move before they disappear (deleted from area to allow continued flow of traffic). Changing this time value may help from AI aircraft disappearing (by increasing timeout value) while waiting to takeoff due to amount of aircraft arriving on same runway.
Current P3D v4 location in ai_player.dll of this setting is 00054B1E , default hex is 72 , value = 5:00 minutes

Ground Turn Time, value in time (seconds) determines how much time is needed in seconds to make a 90 degree turn on the ground.

Ground Turn Speed, value in knots sets turn speed on the ground for AI aircraft.

I will add the locations and hex default setting for numbers 3 and 4 once upon further testing then release updated files or a standalone program to modify these settings.
The initial 20 files as mentioned above will be uploaded as soon as I finish some final testing.

Jorge
hi,
I need that file version of p3d v4, if possible
it doesn't work with p3d v4
https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?C ... LID=201954

I guess that it is made for p3d v4.1