View options question

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Rodney

View options question

Post by Rodney »

Loving P3V4 , I have lots of addons Orbx and airports etc and its amazing , Awesome simulation Lockheed Martin.
The question I ask is if say when I am in the virtual cockpit mode of any aircraft and set up my fav seating position is there a way of assigning that particular setting I have made so that next time I return to that aircraft then by pressing a preselected joystick button or keyboard number it then returns to that selected setting?
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: View options question

Post by Rob McCarthy »

There are a couple different ways you can get this to work. You can add a custom camera by right clicking to bring up the context menu and go to "Custom Camera-> Create New...". This brings up the Manage Camera Views screen where a new custom view can be created. You can manually enter offsets and rotations or click the "Preview" to open a new view to make adjustments and then pull these values into the UI by clicking the "Use Preview" button. Cameras created here can be saved globally or in the current scenario. These cannot be set per aircraft and do not support hotkeys. If you want this camera to be specific to an aircraft you can refer to the Cameras section in the SDK. This outlines how to create new CameraDefinitions for use either in the global Cameras.cfg or in Aicraft.cfg or Sim.cfg files as well as how to assign hotkeys to bring up this camera. Using the custom camera UI to find out the correct offsets and rotation for use in the camera definition may still be helpful.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Hi Rodney , you can also change the Views (eyepoint) in the aircraft.cfg file of any aircraft..eg:

H:\Prepar3d V4\SimObjects\Airplanes\beech_baron_58\aircraft.cfg

[Views]
eyepoint = -8.213, -0.80, 2.32 //Longitudinal, Lateral, Vertical (feet)

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

Thankyou kindly for feedback , shall try these out.