No graphics after NVIDIA Experience update

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
mcdonar

No graphics after NVIDIA Experience update

Post by mcdonar »

I ran the NVIDIA Experience update yesterday on my Windows 10 PC with GTX590 GPU. I am now left with a PC whose 3 displays display nothing, so I cannot use the machine.

I have tried restarting the PC several times but the same result. I have tried pressing all keyboard keys to no avail.

Tried entering BIOS but that does not offer anything like a roll-back.

Any ideas on how to get to a Windows 10 screen?

Many thanks for any help.
Regards, Richard
Win10, P3Dv5.0, PMDG 748 & 777, ASP5 + ASCA, vPilot, PFPX
Martyson

Re: No graphics after NVIDIA Experience update

Post by Martyson »

This is not a P3D problem but:

I would think you could do a system restore point ...
or possibly, start the PC in Safe Mode and uninstall the Nvidia stuff with only one monitor installed. Then install an older driver that was working for you prior.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
mcdonar

Post by mcdonar »

Hi Vaughan,
Got it going again after creating a Windows 10 USB repair on another PC and then using it on the problem PC.
Many thanks for your suggestions.
Regards, Richard
Win10, P3Dv5.0, PMDG 748 & 777, ASP5 + ASCA, vPilot, PFPX
JIMJAM1597

Post by JIMJAM1597 »

I learned the hard way a long time ago that if everything is running great, leave the new drivers alone.Let the daredevils jump head first. A couple of BSODs taught me though not many recently.
Unless they specifically mention a game I run or a some issue that been addressed, I stay away. Its a hard habit to break with "Did you update your drivers?" being the #1 answer to everything. I resist the urge and just play.