Aircraft goes up and down by itself and Weapons Usage Issue

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Solstar

Aircraft goes up and down by itself and Weapons Usage Issue

Postby Solstar » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:24 pm

sorry for the noobish question but...when i choose the mooney acclaim,and i start from the runaway,i just push the throttle up all the way,i take off...and the aircraft keeps going up by itself....then it goes down....then up again.my joystick works perfectly fine.i thought it was about the flaps,but i tried every combination,and the aircraft always goes up,and then down

i select the most easy\aracde style type of control,and yet i have this issue,any help?

MikeB54

Re: Aircraft goes up and down by itself

Postby MikeB54 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:45 pm

With the information you provided it sounds like you could be climbing too fast and bleeding off airspeed. Bleed off too much and the wings will stall and the nose will drop. After the nose drops you pick up airspeed and you start to climb again and the cycle continues.

Every airplane has an optimal climb speed. I don't know what it is for the Acclaim but I bet something around 85 knots would work. That might be a little fast but when it comes to takeoff, a little too fast is better than too slow. Too slow is never a good thing.

Mike

Solstar

Postby Solstar » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:52 am

thanks for the reply.somi don't have to take off at full throttle?

keep in mind it happens after takeoff and during the flight,with other airacrafts as well,and without even toucinh the joystick.

basically,while taking off,the aircraft goes up as expected,i just pull the lever a bit to lift the craft for the ground,and now i'm flying...i leave the stick..and the craft keeps going up..and up..and up...and then suddenly dropa..and then regains speed and keep going up again.

i discovered that tinkering with numpad 7 and 8 (at default keys settings)"calm" the airplane a bit,and stabilize it for a while,before spazzing again after a while

MikeB54

Postby MikeB54 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:45 am

You still want to take off with full throttle. Once you get up to your cruising altitude you can pull it back some. What you need to do is watch your airspeed. If your airspeed starts to drop you need to push forward on the joystick and lower the nose a bit. Use the joystick to control the airspeed. Like I said in my earlier post, 85 knots should work. If the speed drops below 85, push forward on the stick. If it starts to go above 85, pull back on the stick. That's probably what you are probably doing with the keyboard commands but I don't remember off the top of y head what the numpad keys do.

Mike

Solstar

Postby Solstar » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:50 am

i see,that must be the reason why.thanks

one last thing while we're at it,so i don't have to open a new thread:

how do i shoot weapons?i choose an f22,and i sett all the arm\safety weapons buttons to my stick,i have pressed them all and then finally fired the button to shoot..but nothing happens.is there a screen where i choose the loadout?

MikeB54

Postby MikeB54 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:10 pm

I'm afraid I can't help you there. I'm not familiar with the F-22 systems. I'm an F-18E guy. LOL

Mike

Solstar

Postby Solstar » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:26 am

well but i guess the arming system etc procedure\keys on the keyboard should be the same right?

Mike LM

Re: Aircraft goes up and down by itself and Weapons Usage Issue

Postby Mike LM » Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:16 pm

Solstar -

Which version of Prepar3D do you have? Weapons are only available with a Professional Plus license.

- Mike
Prepar3D® Software Engineer

Return to “Miscellaneous”