Loading Vehicles just hangs.

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
buccirj

Loading Vehicles just hangs.

Postby buccirj » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:02 pm

New problem, when I go to load an aircraft, the Loading Vehicle window does not show any of my aircraft and never load any. But if I pick a prior saved flight with what ever saved aircraft, it'll load. I've tried to remove the cfg. file and do several "Repairs" with the P3Dv3.2 installer (latest version). What has happened? I loaded the Carenado PA31 Navajo with a fresh download of the installer from Carenado. It loaded for a second then my PC crashed for some reason. I removed the PA31 and all its sub folders and did another repair. Still the Vehicle loader window is blank and never loads all the aircraft.

Rob

Mike LM

Re: Loading Vehicles just hangs.

Postby Mike LM » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:20 pm

If you uninstall all of your add-ons, do you still have issues with the vehicle loading screen? Some add-on aircraft may not load correctly and cause issues.

- Mike
Prepar3D® Software Engineer

buccirj

Postby buccirj » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:58 am

Just tried removing all add-on aircraft and still the vehicles do not load.

Mike LM

Postby Mike LM » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:01 pm

Instead of simply doing a repair, try uninstalling your client and content, then reinstalling them.

- Mike

fixair

Postby fixair » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:11 pm

Hi, I have the same problem that occurred overnight. I tried in vain repair and a complete reinstallation, unfortunately: not better .... please Help, I have no idea.

Mike LM

Postby Mike LM » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:44 pm

When you reinstalled, did you manually clear all of your generated files? If not, try that.

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
    %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
    %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files
- Mike

fixair

Postby fixair » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:39 pm

No, I try and give the news, thank you ;op

Horizons

Postby Horizons » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:52 pm

Hi!

I have the same issue aswell. Did all of the things mentioned above, but p3d still won't load vehicle menu.

Also, after my latest reinstall, p3d loads directly into the f-22 flightdeck at the default airport instead of the scenario setup.

Mike LM

Postby Mike LM » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:01 pm

Horizons -

Which version of Prepar3D are you using? If you are using v3, then something is wrong with your installation, as it should default to the startup screen after clearing out the generated files listed in the above posts. When you reinstalled, did you test out Prepar3D before installing any add-ons?

- Mike

ajoechl

Re: Loading Vehicles just hangs. FRUSTRATING

Postby ajoechl » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:25 pm

I'm also having issues where the only aircraft that I can load is the F22. When I select the Aircraft selection button the menu is empty. I also noticed that I can't choose any airports except for the one that is already in the start-up page. I did everything above; uninstalled all my add ons, looked for the four files mentioned above (nothing there), installed P3D, downloaded P3D fresh from the website, etc. I did get it to work flawlessly again, but when I started to add some aircraft add ons the same thing is happening as before... I did try uninstalling everything but the P3D scenery then reinstalling those two files from the folder where I have P3D installation saved but NO LUCK...

Now I have to go through the whole process again of uninstalling everything and downloading P3D fresh from the LM website.
Why is this happening???? I need HELP

Return to “Miscellaneous”