Additions to startup Splashscreen

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
aussie157

Additions to startup Splashscreen

Postby aussie157 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:24 am

Over the years I have really fallen in love with all versions of P3D. However there is two things I miss from the days of FSX.

The first is the aircraft selection screen. In FSX you were given a choice of Aircraft, Manufacturer and several other choices. The great thing was that when you clicked on the make of Aircraft you were given a screen with thumbnails of all aircraft of that model all there without scrolling through the aircraft list as is the case with the current version of P3D V4.2.

The second is the ability to access the Scenery Library without having to fully run P3D V4. By being able to access the Scenery Library you can install and activate new scenery without running P3D V4. At the moment After adding 2 or 3 Scenery Files I need to go and edit my log book and remove all the entries that did not include an actual flight.

At the moment I am running both P3D V3.4 and V4.2 for the reason a lot of developers are very slow updating their products to the new 64 bit platform. Also when doing a repaint I need V3.4 as for some reason the 2,4,6,8 keys will not pan in V4.2.

Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Additions to startup Splashscreen

Postby Rob McCarthy » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:30 pm

Hello,

In the vehicle select screen you can group vehicles by several categories. The entire list of vehicles will still be there but you can assign favorites and filter to only show them. The number keys not functioning correctly is a known issue in 4.2 that will be fixed in our next update. These can be reassigned in the controls menu in the meantime. Thanks again for your suggestions and support!

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead

aussie157

Postby aussie157 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:11 am

Thanks for your prompt reply Rob.If we can't have the aircraft selection changed then can we at least have access to the Scenery Library added to the Start up Screen.

Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Postby Rob McCarthy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:34 pm

This has been a common request and has been something we've wanted to add. We'll add a Scenery Library button to the Startup Screen in our next update.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead

Return to “Miscellaneous”