Version 4 64 bit 3rd Party Add Ons

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
comeup101

Version 4 64 bit 3rd Party Add Ons

Post by comeup101 »

Will purchase of new 3rd party add-ons such as scenery and airplanes be required with 64 bit version, especially PMDG and Orbx Scenery? I'm pretty sure there is a topic on this already but, I could not find it. I'm really looking forward to the 64 bit version and will buy either way. I may have a two computer setup if I have to purchase new scenery and airplanes.
EVGA Classified Z690, Intel I5-13600k, Vengeance 32GB 5600, MSI 4070ti, EVGA 1000w, X56 Rhino Controllers, Logitech Z625 speakers, Alienware OLED 34 3440*1440, Samsung 2TB 980 Pro M.2, WD Black SN850X 2TB M.2 and Samsung EVO 860 2TB SATA

Blake Lewis
MikeB54

Re: Version 4 64 bit 3rd Party Add Ons

Post by MikeB54 »

General rule of thumb, if your add-on includes any DLLs then they won't work and will need to be updated by the developer. Whether the developer is planning on charging for those upgrades is up to them. Some may be free, but I would be willing to bet that the majority will not.

Mike
pferd

Post by pferd »

Have a look at this topic at AVSIM: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5106 ... -products/
virtuali

Post by virtuali »

Umberto Colapicchioni - VIRTUALI Sagl
http://www.fsdreamteam.com
Bramage

Post by Bramage »

Excellent, cheers brother Virtuali.
comeup101

Post by comeup101 »

I never thought it would be this easy of an transition! Its nice to know that most of the bigger company's within the sim world are giving us upgrades for free. so far after my research the last couple of days these are the companies I know that are willing to do so, PMDG, Orbx, ActiveSky, FS Dreamteam, Aerosoft, I thought I would have to buy everything over again. LM, great job working with the Partners this is a great surprise to me and a gift. What ever the charge for the 64 bit version will be well worth it!!!

Thank you
Blake
EVGA Classified Z690, Intel I5-13600k, Vengeance 32GB 5600, MSI 4070ti, EVGA 1000w, X56 Rhino Controllers, Logitech Z625 speakers, Alienware OLED 34 3440*1440, Samsung 2TB 980 Pro M.2, WD Black SN850X 2TB M.2 and Samsung EVO 860 2TB SATA

Blake Lewis
Faelandaea

Post by Faelandaea »

It will be an easy transition, and Aerosoft, Orbx, etc. have stated they will be doing their best to support the new edition with little to no impact to their customer base. PMDG, however, will most likely charge as if it is a new sim. They won;t even give a discount if someone wants to buy their products between FSX and P3D (and they are the only developer out there that does that). Everyone else, however, you can definitely look forward to continued support for your add-ons in P3D v4.

Personally I am going to be excited to be using my A2A C172, Salt lake City from PacSim, megascenery, Megascenery autogen layers, and Ai traffic without that bloody VAS error :) Gods this is going to be a great year.
bedgie

Post by bedgie »

Faelandaea wrote: It will be an easy transition, and Aerosoft, Orbx, etc. have stated they will be doing their best to support the new edition with little to no impact to their customer base. PMDG, however, will most likely charge as if it is a new sim. They won;t even give a discount if someone wants to buy their products between FSX and P3D (and they are the only developer out there that does that). Everyone else, however, you can definitely look forward to continued support for your add-ons in P3D v4.

Personally I am going to be excited to be using my A2A C172, Salt lake City from PacSim, megascenery, Megascenery autogen layers, and Ai traffic without that bloody VAS error :) Gods this is going to be a great year.
Updated stance on PMDG upgrades regarding version 4
PMDG have Stated
"As we promised back in 2015, customers who have purchased our products for Prepar3D v3 are going to enjoy a free transition to Prepar3D v4 and the advent of 64bit simming technology, as this was already rolled up into the development costs of the product you already purchased.
Beginning on/shortly after the release of Prepar3D v4, we will begin publishing Prepar3D v4 compatible versions of our existing product lines. We have spent the better part of 2017 thus far working our way through the transition of our existing product line to make the NGX, 777, 747 and DC-6 compatible with the new, Prepar3D v4.
As of today, we have both the DC-6 and the 747 operating within Prepar3D v4, and we hope to have the 777 completed later this week, with the NGX to follow shortly there-after.

Those who are already customers of our Prepar3D products will be able to obtain these new versions at no cost."

original post link https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5106 ... -products/