Prepar3D v2.5 - Available Now!

Forum Rules & News
Neo44

Post by Neo44 »

Do I have to remove my pmdg add-ons and reinstall after?
660923Kb

Post by 660923Kb »

Fatal crash after exiting Prepar3d v2,5 --------------BEX
What can I do to resolve this??
didman

Post by didman »

hi all ,

i'am very happy that version 2.5 is available. Thank you to all the teams that are working on it.
If I understand correctly, I must uninstall 2.4 and all addons ( Planes, scenery ans wheather and ect ) and reinstall all with 2.5 ?

Kind regards

DIDMAN
Arek

Post by Arek »

Hi
P3D v2.5 working fine but some reason i can't run FTX and getting this

..... Could not find file C\Program Files\x86xLockheed Martin\Prepa3Dv2\terrain.cfg

Any ideas why am I getting this ?
Aggressorblue

Post by Aggressorblue »

So, the same issues keep being brought up and answered (and we're only 3 pages deep people!):

1. Yes, you NEED to do a clean install, because the folder structure changed (apparently this is part of a performance optimization effort). It's likely as annoying for you to go through this hassle, as it is to have LMs servers bear the weight of everyone downloading a 10gb zip file. Just how the world works.

2. FTX doesn't work, ORBX is on it. new installer inbound shortly. You can try backing up the 2.4 scenery config and moving it back to the install file afterwords though. (I plan to just wait for the update myself)

That said, request for moderators: Could we maybe get a sticky thread of "2.5 compatible add-ons" created? Would be nice to have an organized source of what users have reported does and does not work. I think that would help clear up some coms a bit :)
didman

Post by didman »

Think's a lot for infos aggressorblue
Microburst

Post by Microburst »

Anyone try ASN with 2.5 yet? Does it integrate ok or are there any special install instructions?
jimcarrel

Post by jimcarrel »

Folder structure has changed with version 2.5 thats why all have to do fresh install, ASN currently does not support the new folder structure There is a new version coming out to run with P3D version 2.5.

Not to be snide, but these things have been covered in forum. Adam has been telling users about the File structure change as have others. Reading the forum to get information can be valuable, Hi Fi Simulations forum has info on new version of their ASN to work with version 2.5. All other flight forums have threads covering this. It's been talked about for weeks.

A lot of Publishers will have to rewrite installers. There are programs around that will do this install into new file structure already. Info is in the forums, here and at avsim.
einherz

Post by einherz »

hi all, i just think what i'll do
1. backup scenery.cfg, controls xml profile, exe/dll.xml, config file
2. uninstall
3. del it %PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files
4. install to same place
5. start the game and recovery controls profile then exit
6. copy simobjects configuration from config file to simobjects.cfg then move backuped files to their new places
so every thing stay with me because uninstaller simulator will no touch any 3rd party files
is it right?
ah, 7. waiting for orbx patch for use ftx center, i think this will with new orbx libraries
instead "7" every thing(all addons) stay as was in 2.4?
einherz

Post by einherz »

look like i forgot terrain.cfg:)
einherz

Post by einherz »

some addons change some files, so may be need backup yet /terrain/ and /textures/...
precipitation effect yet
just curiouse why no patch? couldn't patch change kernel and move some files and register new path? if not, why? may be some textures and scenery files must be changed as critical way?
it is true, if i can sure all my addons will installed same as was it is not bad, but i just a litle chicken and i amao(afraid instead laughing)
actually, i just couple a days found fix for madeira and lisbon2 aerosoft scenerys, and both work in 2.4 same with bermuda latinvfr, and all what i got now in c:\p3d is 172gb, after 30 off clean install, so i realy need stay with 2.4 and install 2.5, so may be i can add profile for that? excuze my stupid brain and horrible english, but i laughting just for not start cry right now
benjaminjb

Post by benjaminjb »

Loving it Development team! This is great, and literally just purchased a license a week ago.

Favorite piece:
- Fixed out of memory issues with the Vehicle Selection Screen

This caused a few problems for me.

Thanks again! Only + experience so far with Prepar3d product.
Benjamin
jymp

Post by jymp »

I cant extract 2.5, I download it, when I try to extract using 7 zip I get..."Can not open file, C:\Users\me\downloads etc. says its not a valid archive, any help ?, tried also with Win Zip, same result. Thanks
maxxxit

Post by maxxxit »

All my zip files are like that now, since i downloaded this new build ,I cant open one unless i us the option menu and . Im using windows 8.1. I was wondering if i got a virus But now i know build 2.5 somehow did this
G.K.

Post by G.K. »

Uninstalled 2.4, deleted the folders, installed 2.5, worked straight out of the box....Very smooth. Good work.

I never went mad on ad-dons, I had a feeling the program format would have to change at some point.