Prepar3D v2.0 Developer Blog – DirectX11 - Discussion Thread

Forum Rules & News
Simu67

Post by Simu67 »

Hi,

Could we have some infos about shadows in 2.0 ??

I don't know if this is right, but when I look the published screens, it seems like 3d objects project there shadows on the other one ? If right, it's very cool !

Actually, the shadow option coasts about 50% frame lost. Any idea on P3D 2.0 score ?

Best regards
P3D V5 HF1, 5930K @3,7 Ghz, 32 Go DDR3 3 3000, 1080Ti StrixOC 11Go, Asus 34'' 3440X1440, FSUIPC, AS16, ASCA, PTA, Goflight interface tool, GoFlight MCP-Pro and EFIS, Mobiflight (in progress) and Flight Illusion gauges. A lot of Orbx scenery add-ons.
boeingqa9

Post by boeingqa9 »

Hi guys

Well done on keeping this project alive... Would there be a chance of a pic of the new light bloom?

Thanks

Paul
kakusso

Post by kakusso »

Congratulations to you Prepar3D team!

Thank you for keeping the community updated about the progress and objectives of Prepar3D v2.0.

Will you extend V.2 to DirectX 11.1 and 11.2?

These new versions have interesting features:

"Direct3D 11.1 lets you create constant buffers that are larger than the maximum constant buffer size that a shader can access

Direct3D 11.1 guarantees that you can share Texture2D resources that you created with particular resource types and formats.

Improved Support for shadow buffer to implement shadow effects.

Direct3D 11.2 lets you create tiled resources that can be thought of as large logical resources that use small amounts of physical memory. Tiled resources are useful (for example) with terrain in games, and app UI."

Source: Microsoft.
boeingqa9

Post by boeingqa9 »

Been very quite around here, maybe more pics are on the way lol

Paul
robert@hickcox.org

Post by robert@hickcox.org »

Wes and team, congratulations on this major achievement! I have been in the software industry for 38 years, and a major rework of the magnitude your team has undertaken is a milestone of many careers. I for one, am willing to sit back and let you take whatever time is needed to get this plane to the gate safe and sound.

For those of you who are concerned about license cost, equipment upgrades, etc., previous posts have pointed out that unused resources will now be used, and improvements like DirectX 11 will make older hardware seem new again. My point would be that simulation is a very small fraction of the cost of an aircraft, hangar rent, annuals, overhauls, gas and insurance. And thats just for 20 year old single engine land. Put it in perspective - you can build a world class flight simulator with multiple aircraft of all types for thousands, that 20 years ago would have cost millions, if even possible. The possibilities for training scenarios are endless, and you can experience situations far too dangerous or expensive to try live, repeatedly, until you get them down pat.

For one, I am thankful - it is truly amazing gentlemen!

cabnz

Post by cabnz »

Quote:
Quote from robert@hickcox.org on November 9, 2013, 09:32

Wes and team, congratulations on this major achievement! I have been in the software industry for 38 years, and a major rework of the magnitude your team has undertaken is a milestone of many careers. I for one, am willing to sit back and let you take whatever time is needed to get this plane to the gate safe and sound.

For those of you who are concerned about license cost, equipment upgrades, etc., previous posts have pointed out that unused resources will now be used, and improvements like DirectX 11 will make older hardware seem new again. My point would be that simulation is a very small fraction of the cost of an aircraft, hangar rent, annuals, overhauls, gas and insurance. And thats just for 20 year old single engine land. Put it in perspective - you can build a world class flight simulator with multiple aircraft of all types for thousands, that 20 years ago would have cost millions, if even possible. The possibilities for training scenarios are endless, and you can experience situations far too dangerous or expensive to try live, repeatedly, until you get them down pat.

Very well said :)
philwhite

Post by philwhite »

Will the currently available third party software that is P3D compatible work with v2.0?

Thanks.
EC120B

Post by EC120B »

Quote:
Quote from philwhite on November 10, 2013, 05:28

Will the currently available third party software that is P3D compatible work with v2.0?

Thanks.

There are several Postings at the Forum saying, that the very most of them will be still compatible :).

Best Greetings

Marcus
WBard

Post by WBard »

That's the plan. There might be a few things that aren't, but we are aiming for full backwards compatibility with ESP/FSX/P3D1.4 addons.
WBard

Post by WBard »

Quote:
Quote from robert@hickcox.org on November 9, 2013, 09:32

Thanks for the kind words and feedback, we sincerely appreciate it. Prepar3D is a platform that is used for a wide variety of ways, and we are excited about all the new training capabilities opened up in P3D v2.0.
LHSimulations

Post by LHSimulations »

It is great thank you! LHSimulations is with you. Now let's go to work! :)

(I'll be very interested in the developer licensing)
halawra

Post by halawra »

Finally, a light of hope in the dark tunnel. FSX has done great to us, we have been enjoying crazy beautiful hours of simulation to the best that FSX is capable of. Time to advance to new era, DirectX 11 and probably 64bit would be a dream coming true. No we can say it is worth investing in further high speed hardware. Having invested in the third generation i7 last year, with best RAM and nVidia 680, did not do much for FSX, except for the extra frame rates i am having while running with full specs. Now DirectX 11 will open up the opportunity to developers to unleash for further creativity in the sim world. Can't wait to see what is next. Can you make it earlier please,...i don't think we can wait till year end :)
AxelH

Post by AxelH »

Hi,

will v2 work with Win 8.1? Home, Professional or whatever versions there are?

brgds,

Axel
philwhite

Post by philwhite »

I look forward to it's release. The things I will miss from FSX will be EZdok camera and FSrecorder as I use these a lot.
KelvinNZ

Post by KelvinNZ »

Can you feel the tension right about now.....?