Prepar3D v2.0 Developer Blog – DirectX11 - Discussion Thread

Forum Rules & News
WBard

Post by WBard »

Hello LM team,

One simple question: Did you fix the SimConnect_WeatherRequestCloudState function?

Regards,

JL
Xflyboy

Post by Xflyboy »

WOW, this is incredible!

Are All screens with default scenery?

I WANT IT NOW! :)

WBard

Post by WBard »

While we are partnering with many add on developers, we'll let them share their screenshots when they are allowed and fully support Prepar3D v2.0.

All of the shots in the developer blog were stock out of the box, default scenery and our current default vehicle library, yes sir.
Xflyboy

Post by Xflyboy »

Hat's off guys!

I'm still in shock from just this little preview, I can finally shelf FSX with the rest of them :)

Will the bloom effect be adjustable?
simmerhead

Post by simmerhead »

WOW! Finally Prepar3D has taken a leap away from ESP 1.0. This looks amazing guys. Thank you for all your hard work. We're one lucky bunch of aviators to have this tool at our disposal!
gandy

Post by gandy »

A big thanks to all the Prepar3d team for the work they have done, also a big thanks for the update on v2, its looking sweet and i love that fog.

I can see my self doing a lot of low vis landing with that :)

Paul
Mitritch

Post by Mitritch »

Fantastic news!

My wallet is ready...
Saul

Post by Saul »

Great work. It looks amazing. Well done P3D Team.
Darkstarf16

Post by Darkstarf16 »

Brilliant work team... And thank you for the update :) wow
richard99

Post by richard99 »

Awesome news indeed, i cannot believe it, my eyes cannot believe it.

How much desidered would be running this new era of flight simulation with the best aircraft addons never developed (I referred to PMDG ones)... Unortunately simple a dream... :(

Anyway a big thank you for your huge effort to give us a new flight simulation.

Bye.
Hightower

Post by Hightower »

Wow! Just awesome. First, thank you for the update. Great to have official news rather than the speculation thats around.

The volumetric fog looks phenomenal. Is this partly due to a revamped weather engine? You mean no more wind and pressure shifts?

What kind of performance are you getting from say above average hardware? (not top of the line stuff, but decent)

Was anything done to the ATC, with more realistic vectoring and recognition of STARs and SIDs?

Sorry for all the questions, but the excitement just spilled over. I requested to be a beta tester, but never got a reply, so this will have to suffice.
Evans

Post by Evans »

Very nicely done development team!

Ready to purchase.
simmerhead

Post by simmerhead »

I'd be really interested in hearing about the weather engine as well. Anything you could share?

Realistic weather is to me one of the most important features in a simulator since it is the place to try out some challenging scenarious that you'll hopefully never encounter in real life. (e.g. severe icing, dense fog, extreme turbulence, downdrafts, microbursts...).
malibu43

Post by malibu43 »

I'd love to get some insight into performance. For example: If one dials in the graphics for the same level of "eye candy" he currently has in FSX, would he expect to get better performance than FSX? Or, the other way around, would someone expect to get the same level of performance (fps) for a given FSX setup, but with a higher level of "eye candy"?
Mazo43

Post by Mazo43 »

To echo many others already - WOW!! This has exceeded what I could have hoped for - just breathtaking!

Congratulations to the LM Prepar3d Team for all of their hard work! And also a huge Thank You for listening to the FS community and implementing so many great changes.

I will be purchasing and downloading P3D V2.0 as soon as it is released!

Lyn