Forum Reorganization

Forum Rules & News
WBard

Post by WBard »

The mission of these forums are for Prepar3D product technical support.

It was getting difficult with the number of forums for our developers to provide timely response to technical questions about the Prepar3D product, which is the primary use of these forums.

Off-topic, non-Prepar3D discussions have been popping up more and more often, and they are degrading the professional, technical-support mission of these forums.

Now that there are several other flight-sim community websites that have embraced Prepar3D and provide forums of their own, a lot of the non-technical Prepar3D discussions here would be better suited, and better managed on those sites.
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

I find the condensed categories actually making things murkier. Things were originally clear and concise, that is no longer so.

Ed Wilson
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
FSMP

Post by FSMP »

Looks new catagories look good to me, but it is a continual fustration that tehre is no link to view UNREAD posts.

However, the link http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingle ... on=shownew is better than nothing.....
ggeccles

Post by ggeccles »

I'm sorry but this just does not work for me. I've just spent the past 25 mins looking for my posts and cannot find one. I cannot find any of the topics that interest me. The previous forum layout was simple to navigate and quite clear enabling one to locate specific topics. This new layout is none of that.

Most disappointed.
Graham Eccleston - Orbx
Burkhard

Post by Burkhard »

I share the view that this reorganization is not helpful, and requires to post the same post into several sections.

My reason: Modern development is not just scenery, or simulation object, or client, but contains of an interplay of all of them. Just yesterday I published a 2MB demo of a new experiment, which contains scenery, ( a bathymetry mesh), a user object ( a submarine with a panel), scenery items ( a few boxes to sink into the sea), and a somconnect client that makes the submarine steerable and adds a little mission character by counting the number of items you picked up. This was well at home in the former "maritime" section, but is somehow misplaced now in the artificial "simobject development question" section.

Given the high grade and quality of many of the users of the forum, this should have been discussed here before.
WBard

Post by WBard »

The mission of these forums are for Prepar3D product technical support.

It was getting difficult with the number of forums for our developers to provide timely response to technical questions about the Prepar3D product, which is the primary use of these forums.

Off-topic, non-Prepar3D discussions have been popping up more and more often, and they are degrading the professional, technical-support mission of these forums.

Now that there are several other flight-sim community websites that have embraced Prepar3D and provide forums of their own, a lot of the non-technical Prepar3D discussions here would be better suited, and better managed on those sites.
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

I understand that the forums are for professional support. It's all I've used this forum for and I agree casual topics are best served at other forums on the internet such as AVSIM (just one example). What I don't understand is the condensation of subforums grouping several topics that should be separate into a single one. Makes it harder to locate what forum would be best for the support you seek.

Just stating an opinion.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation