Saitek Instrument Panel Driver Update for Prepar3D

Forum Rules & News
Legacy Support

Post by Legacy Support »

Saitek have informed me that they have updated the drivers for the Flight Instrument Panels for Prepar3D. The new driver is available from Saitek.com in the downloads area. The drivers for the other panels are in testing now..... stay tuned.

John

jfail

Post by jfail »

Hopefully they have fixed the simconnect problem across a network that so many of us had that was so obvious with FSX in previous versions of their drivers for the FIP's. I just checked their website but the old drivers are still there. I'll check again later this afternoon.
N1G

Post by N1G »

Very good News. I have become quite attached to my panels.

Thanks Saitek!!

Bob
baltzer

Post by baltzer »

any news on the updated driver for the instrument panel
jfail

Post by jfail »

Quote:
Quote from baltzer on May 5, 2012, 05:04

any news on the updated driver for the instrument panel

I checked/downloaded the drivers for the FIP's this morning from the Saitek website. They are the same identical driver versions that have been on their website for the last several months. They still do not work across a network despite what Saitek says. Myself and many others have tried to get them to work over a network and have proved to Saitek via their forums that indeed those drivers do not work on a network via a client machine and all Saitek did was delete my (and others) post on the subject from their forum. They were not willing to accept the fact that several of us had proved the drivers for the FIP's do not work on a network.

http://www.saitekforum.com/showthread.php?t=19846

My posts at the end of that thread as well as others were deleted back in February when we took Saitek to task.

They do of course work fine on a local machine, i.e. FIP's hooked up to USB port(s) on the P3D (or FSX) machine.

Canuck

Post by Canuck »

Saitek huh? I try to look at the forum, Verboten unless reg'd. I have obvously forgotten my login pw and user name. They cannot find it. I try to reg anew and get this -

Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator.

Gave up. Their panel drivers are not great anyhow, Much better is the SPAD freeware ones for FSX/FS9 unfortunately they dont recognise P3D yet.
Ostkampfer

Post by Ostkampfer »

Saitek drivers do not work with a standard SimConnect installation onto a Prepar3D Server. However they can be made to work by doing so as if a FSX install then copying across the necessary drivers onto the Prepar3D Server.

My steps were these:

0) Install and connect all required devices onto the Prepar3D Server machine

(This step maybe technically redundant but was the starting point for myself as I migrated from a local to a network running of my Saitek panels. As it is likely to be yours then no steps are actually necessary here!)

1) Install Simconnect SP1a into the Server and Client machine;

2) If Prepar3D SimConnect is not already installed then install the three necessary config files;

3) Check SimConnect works - I use Plan G as as test bed

4) If SimConnect works proceed to installing Saitek drivers, if it doesn't then don't progress until it does!

5) Connect and install as necessary Saitek devices to the Client PC

6) Install FSX on third PC/laptop

7) Connect and install as necessary Saitek devices to this third PC/laptop

8] Manually delete existing Saitek folder contents on the Prepar3D Server machine

C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek

9) Copy entire Saitek drivers folder from third PC/laptop to Server PC. Paste into same location as obtained:

i.e. replacing the non-working Prepar3D Saitek driver installation with one that does from FSX

For my FIPs, Switch and Multi-panels this is three folders of

DirectOutput

Pro Flight Panels

ProFlightPlugin

10) Ensure that the Prepar3D Server exe.xml has no Saitek references in it.

C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D

(It will if you have originally installed your Saitek panels on the Server machine to run locally. Rename the original if necessary.)

My exe.xml runs as follows

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

</SimBase.Document>

11) As per the Saitek SimConnect installation notes make two shortcuts to

SaiPanels.exe

SaiFlightSimX.exe

These are in order to start the drivers on the Client machine.

This should ensure then that you have

1) The correct FSX working Saitek drivers installed on your Prepar3D Server machine;

2) Correctly configured SP1a SimConnect (it will not work on the Prepar3D SimConnect version);

3) The Saitek panels and drivers configured to work on your Client; and

4) The necessary shortcuts to bootstrap the drivers on the Client.

On starting Prepar3D once the SimConnect is live (I run in verbose mode to check this) then start the SimConnect remote apps. In my case, ASE then Plan-G then the two Saitek shortucts to launch the Client drivers. With this the panels illuminate starting to register once the aircraft is settled within the sim.

This is the long-way around. For the programmers and sharp system watchers they should be able to identify the difference in driver installation on a FSX versus Prepar3D then copy over from the former to the latter the necessary missing parts of the Saitek folders. (Or at least I believe this is where the installation fails in Prepar3D). It may also be possible to copy the Saitek installation folders from the Client machine when this is done. To be safe though I did so into a FSX loaded machine. As I am not a programmer to spot the driver differences between a Prepar3D and a FSX driver installation I can not sadly deduce all the necessary difference. As an unemployed man though I do have all the time in the world to go through this long labourous process to find a successful network installation path!

Good Luck!

janvaane

Post by janvaane »

Quote:
Quote from Legacy Support on April 16, 2012, 10:53

Saitek have informed me that they have updated the drivers for the Flight Instrument Panels for Prepar3D. The new driver is available from Saitek.com in the downloads area. The drivers for the other panels are in testing now..... stay tuned.

John

Latest news from SAITEK: 16/5/12:

Hi, some news, the programmers are starting to do the plug in next week or so,now that some other projects are closing, I/we have not got a date on when it will be released.

|KLM149 | i7-8700k-16GB | Radeon RX580 8GB| flightsimeindhoven.com |
mdenadal

Post by mdenadal »

Quote:
Quote from Canuck on May 7, 2012, 14:13

Their panel drivers are not great anyhow, Much better is the SPAD freeware ones for FSX/FS9 unfortunately they dont recognise P3D yet.

Hi,

starting from today.... they do. :D http://fstools.weebly.com

Ciao,

Massimo

janvaane

Post by janvaane »

...and look for panel support here (11 posts) :

http://janvaane.org/virtualfsx/?cat=28

When using SPAD don't forget to de-install the native Saitek drivers in order to prevent conflicts

When using FSUIPC for your controllers you need to uncheck the checkbox Enable Controller(s) via the menu bar Options-Settings-Controls (Calibration tab)

For any other Q&A please use the SPAD forum http://fstools.weebly.com/forum.html
janvaane

Post by janvaane »

Quote:
Quote from janvaane on May 16, 2012, 12:38

Quote:
Quote from Legacy Support on April 16, 2012, 10:53

John

Latest news from SAITEK: 16/5/12:

Hi, some news, the programmers are starting to do the plug in next week or so,now that some other projects are closing, I/we have not got a date on when it will be released.

Checked the forum 23/6/2012....same message as 16/5......

Jan
baltzer

Post by baltzer »

Any news ????
davidsflying

Post by davidsflying »

Another way to get it to work should be to use the separate SPAD utility which is made for the Saitek units and in my opinion does a better job with them and FSUIPC. Haven't tried it yet in Prepar3d but that's how I use them in FSX. This should also work on a network using Wideserver (if it works in Prepar3d bit new here).